Friday, October 3, 2014

Week in Review 40/2014

What did I see?
This week I fell in love with James C. Lewis' “Icons Of The Bible which will be fully released this month. It shows non-white characters of the bible. Actually, of course all of the persons in the bible were either african or middle eastern looking. The white characters we are used to were invented to make us middle europeans feel more related to Jesus and his apostles. But this is actually much more the real saints and phrophets:






What did I listen to?
The radio, nothing specific.

What did I ask myself?
Why do I sound so frustrated? Where is my usual inspiration?

What did I read?
Nothing not work related. What a bummer!

What did I work on?
A skirt and two little goodies

I was happy about...


 photo IMG_6237_zps5bb6010f.jpg

My three little cuties... *heart* and I'll go to a Forum meetup this weekend which hopefully will be nice!

I was annoyed about...
Work, which was alot this week and took some massive overtime. Blrgh!

I bought...
Fabric... Way too much fabric!

2 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Hope to see more pics of your cuties soon! What are their names!

I love those Characters of the Bible. I am not Christian but I like that they are showing it's not all white, and the image quality and costuming is great!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: They are named after Star Trek characters (although they are all female): Captain Kirk, Spock and "Pille" McCoy.

I'm also not Christian, but I really felt mind blown after seeing the people of colour in the traditional roles.