Friday, October 17, 2014

Velvet cape and hat

On the forum meeting I also bought a new (to me) floor length velvet skirt which is made from very smooth and fancy velvet. Which ment I could get rid of my other two velvet skirts because one was just a tad to short and the other one not as wide and comfortable as I liked. I was thinking about reselling them, but then it hit me: "I might make a cape and hat out of one of them!". And so I did:

 photo IMG_6293_zps686bba83.jpg

 photo IMG_6292_zps6a6774bc.jpg

Please mind the dark pictures, it is not exactly sunny at the moment, this was the best I could do... -.- I added a fringe to hide the two steps that I neede to cover my arms comfortably. The closure are the bands that were used to make the shirt smaller around the waist. The leftovers went into a little hat for my T-com tornure:

 photo IMG_6294_zps08f1b87c.jpg

 photo IMG_6295_zps3da6de82.jpg

I used a bought hat (cut up and frankensteined) as a basis and added the velvet and llots of fake flowers. I will wear this on Sunday, my jacket is only missing the buttons and the binding now! ^^

10 comments:

Avadawhra said...

Mein Goth ist das schön geworden;)) !!!!!!

Laura Morrigan said...

What a great idea! They look amazing! Wow!

Bane said...

Smart idea! Looks great! :D

Mara Macabre said...

Toll geworden:)

ette said...

Oh, das ist wirklich schön geworden. Und was für ein tolles Up-/Recycling-Projekt.
Bin gespannt auf Komplett-Fotos :-)

linnea-maria said...

Ha ha. Lovely word frankensteined :-).

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ich liebe Samt. Und das Cape ist sooo schön geworden! Schreit doch nach einem winterlichen, aufgestylten Spaziergang und/oder Cafébesuch, oder?

Jade said...

That is so crafty, I would love to be as innovative with my clothes. All I have managed is to use black fabric dye to make clothes new again. :D

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I can't wait to see you wearing the full outfit!

MindLess said...

@ Avadawhra: Danke! Dabei ist es doch nur ganz einfach zu machen gewesen...

@ Laura Morrigan: Thank you, sweetie!

@ Neisella: Bist du im Januar in Köln dabei? Da könnte ich es ausführen!

@ Jade: Which is better than just throwing them out!