Wednesday, October 15, 2014

T-com tornure - skirt

It was a bit quiet around here lately because I'm working on another big (-ish) project again. I bought some magenta tafeta which instantly reminded my of the Telekom-logo. To be honest, it is a little less bright, but I still was considering sending it back. But then I changed my mind and decided to make something from it that really stands out:



Irene Adler from the Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr! My fabric is a little more subdued, but still it comes close enough in my eyes (and the dress does look red in the actual movie, so a little colour shift seem okay). As you might know already I tend to deviate from my plans and the outfit will most likely look a little different. Starting with the skirt which ended up loosely inspired:

 photo IMG_6281_zpse6604685.jpg

 photo IMG_6282_zps1bab6a41.jpg

 photo IMG_6283_zpsedcbc6e8.jpg

I started out with  a Butterick pattern (5696). As you can see I added some lace (mostly sewn on by hand, I really hate the effort but love the look *sigh*) and a little train because that was in the pattern:

 photo IMG_6284_zps6e2c5b05.jpg

I also made the front wider, added side panels covered witht he upper fabric and made the train wider to fit over my bustle. I also puffed the train in four puffs instead of the five puffs of the pattern. Actually, i mainly keot the underskirt and waistband, but changed everything else! ^^

I will wear this outfit on Sunday, the only problem is that the jacket still needs a lot of love (and work). But I'm positive I won't have to go naked!

8 comments:

Alexandriaweb said...

Oh wow that's gorgeous!

Ms Misantropia said...

OMG. That skirt as amazing! You are such a talented and inventive seamstress.

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh wow, how exciting!

ette said...

Wow, this looks great! Love the colour and that you used Irene Adler as an inspiration.

Neisella Nightshade said...

Ich bin jetzt schon begeistert ^.^

MindLess said...

@ Alexandriaweb: Thank you! *blush*

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks, you are too kind!

@ Laura Morrigan: I hope I get everything doen in time...

@ ette: Ich mag eigentlich die Schauspielerin nicht, aber die Klamotten aus dem Film sind wunderbar!

@ Neisi: Ich freu mich schon auf Sonntag, dann hoffentlich mit Oberteil. Ich habe extra erst die Jacke angefangen und machen die Balltaille danach. Vernünftiges Ich! ;)

Mara Macabre said...

Ahh, das Kleid aus dem Film kenne ich, Ihre Kleider sind immer sehr toll in den Filmen nur bei dem mochte ich die Farbe so gar nicht, dein Stoff gefällt mir viel besser

Ich bin gespannt ;)

MindLess said...

@ Mara Macabre: Danke sehr! Ich arbeite noch an den Fotos, die die ich bisher habe zeigen immer nur Teile des Kleides...