It was a bit quiet around here lately because I'm working on another big (-ish) project again. I bought some magenta tafeta which instantly reminded my of the Telekom-logo. To be honest, it is a little less bright, but I still was considering sending it back. But then I changed my mind and decided to make something from it that really stands out:
Irene Adler from the Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr! My fabric is a little more subdued, but still it comes close enough in my eyes (and the dress does look red in the actual movie, so a little colour shift seem okay). As you might know already I tend to deviate from my plans and the outfit will most likely look a little different. Starting with the skirt which ended up loosely inspired:
I started out with a Butterick pattern (5696). As you can see I added some lace (mostly sewn on by hand, I really hate the effort but love the look *sigh*) and a little train because that was in the pattern:
I also made the front wider, added side panels covered witht he upper fabric and made the train wider to fit over my bustle. I also puffed the train in four puffs instead of the five puffs of the pattern. Actually, i mainly keot the underskirt and waistband, but changed everything else! ^^
I will wear this outfit on Sunday, the only problem is that the jacket still needs a lot of love (and work). But I'm positive I won't have to go naked!