Monday, October 6, 2014

DIY exchange part 1

I spent this weekend with my boyfriend on the large get together of my favorite forum. As usual when a big group of DIY nerds get together, there were plenty of opportunities to learn something new - be it a technique, a trick of the trade or just which whiskey tastes awful! ^^ We also had a DIY exchange planned for which the participants had to prepare 2 things to give away in advance. Here is what I made:

A fascinator with peacock feathers
The basis is thick felt, it is covered with cotton satin and taffeta. I added ostrich and peacock feathers and little paper flowers to it. It sticks to the head with crocodile pins.

 photo IMG_6242_zps35df8319.jpg

 photo IMG_6243_zpse4f192ef.jpg

 photo IMG_6245_zpsc2ef2679.jpg

Vampire jewelry
As a second piece I made some jewelry which was loosely inspired by stuff I made for myself before. The choker has 2 hanging drops of blood and is elastic, the earrings are rather simple but pretty.

 photo IMG_6247_zpsa2267270.jpg

 photo IMG_6248_zps8fc90842.jpg

 photo IMG_6250_zps70164ef2.jpg

I'll post pictures of my presents as soon as the weather permits me taking non-blurry pictures!

6 comments:

ette said...

Oh, die Idee mit den zwei Tropfen ist ja toll!
Hach, ich vermiss die grossen Forentreffen. Hier ist, wenn überhaupt, in Zürich mal eines, aber das kostet mich mit der Bahn immer ein Vermögen.
Vielleicht schaff ich es ja irgendwann einmal, meinen Heimatbesuch auf ein Pott-CT zu legen :-)

Spookieness said...

Too cute!

Ms Misantropia said...

SOunds like a great forum party, and what lovely things you made!

MindLess said...

@ ette: Aber leider nicht meine Idee! Und du weißt, du bist hier jederzeit willkommen. Für dich würde ich sogar ein CT organisieren!

@ Spookieness: Thanks!

@ Ms Misantropia: It was, indeed! And thank you <3

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I love the fascinator!! Very pretty.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thank you! I could imagine that you would alos wear one if I made it for you. And you would develop a matching fantastic outfit for it!