Friday, September 19, 2014

Week in Review 38/2014

What did I see?
This week I was wowed by Li Hongbo's flexible statues:




They are made from thin paper honeycombs cut in form and painted. It looks so strange when the classical statues are pulled and twisted like bubblegum! Watch this video, it is incredible!




What did I listen to?
Scooter- Endless Summer... 90s techno, but I'm not afraid to say I love it! Take away my gothcard, but currently, BravoHits 11 is what runs when I sew. ;)

What did I ask myself?
Does this really start again? Maybe I need help?

What did I read?
I started reading Ray Bradbury's "From the Dust Returned" because so many goth love it. I'm torn. I like the idea and the adjective ridden speach. But the storytelling with all those jumps between future, past and now confuses me and some of the stories in the book just don't wow me. It is still a nice read, don't get me wrong! But it is not as catchy as I thought so it takes much longer to read than anticipated.

What did I work on?
Shirts, shorts and a vest.

I was happy about...
Makinng progress and fulfilling at least some expectations

I was annoyed about...
My attitude. What happened to "always being the best me possible"? Is this all that is possible?!

I bought...
Flowers for a colleague.

4 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Sometimes we need to give ourselves a break and stop pushing ourselves to be perfect, I am planning to talk about this in a post if I ever get it together. Maybe the situation you are referring to is different, though.

Ray Bradbury has been such a huge inspiration to me! I wish I could be as awesome a writer as him!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I know that too much pushing ends up breaking things (and persons). But I feel like I'm not putting in the effort that I could. And that there is definitively a lot of room for improvement!

Ms Misantropia said...

Sorry you feel shitty this week. There is no shame in asking for help, whether it's from a friend or a professional. There is usually a reason beyond laziness why we don't do as much as we could, or are as "good" as we could be. Focus on taking care of yourself and doing things that make you happy.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thank you for the kind words! I know that asking for help is not a shameful thing, but right now the problem is really me and my attitude which makes me unhappy. I'm lazy -> I don't do stuff -> it all adds up -> I have to rush to get everything done -> this leaves me exhausted -> I'm lazy

I need to get out of this circle and I know I can do it. But this week was a major drawback. Which happens, and which I will overcome!