Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waterfall neckline tunic

I recently bought some more patterns to reduce my fabric stash. When I feel uninspired, sewing jersey is an easy way out for me: The serger makes sewing easy and most jersey pieces are pretty easy and quick sews. So I decided that after my motivational problems, jersey shirts would be the way to go!

The first pattern I chose was Simplicity 1716, view D. This is the result:

 photo IMG_6213_zps6ecc8f61.jpg
 photo IMG_6215_zps7e925824.jpg
 photo IMG_6214_zps977078ad.jpg

The tunic ends mid thigh and is pretty comfortable and still professional. I really like it and will probably make more views of this pattern!

7 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Love this, the color and the length.

linnea-maria said...

Is it the same tunic you are wearing along with the jacket? I didn't comment on that one but I thought when I read that post that the waterfall neckline looked great on you.

Jade said...

This is soooo pretty! I've always adored waterfall necklines. :)

Laura Morrigan said...

I'm no good at cutting out and sewing stretchy things, well done! The colour is great!

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks! The jersey was a great catch and rather cheap, too!

@ linnea-maria: Yes, it was! I love how the neckline is not as low as the Burda ones.

@ Jade: Thank you! This is a great pattern for waterfall neckline tops!

@ Laura Morrigan: it only takes sharp scissors and a little patience, just give it a little time...

graverobbergirl said...

I love all of your jersey creations! This is a really pretty color, too.

MindLess said...

@ graverobbergirl: Thank you for checking by!