Friday, September 19, 2014

Linen jersey top

This shirt was made without a real pattern, I simply drew around a fitting shirt. The jersey is really lovely linen jersey. I have never used linen jersey before, it is a lovely material and very cool in summer (next summer obviously because the weather is rapidly turning to fall)!

 photo IMG_6216_zps48eec37c.jpg

I used a finish for the neckline and sleeves that I have seen in commercial clothes. Rolled hems that are tacked down with few hand stitches. This looks rather raw and modern, I think!

 photo IMG_6217_zps29b9f108.jpg

The hem is done witht he twin needle in contrast colour:

 photo IMG_6218_zps6eb8dedc.jpg

4 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Aaaah! I hate doing hems!

I wonder if I have anything in jersey, hard for me to imagine stretchy fabrics being cool, but I guess cotton with a low about of synthetic is stretchy and fairly cool.

linnea-maria said...

It looks really nice! I have to look for that kind of fabric too because I really hate hot summers ;)

ette said...

I like the look of the rolled hems!
And linen jersey sounds great, didn't even know something like this exists!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: A good thing about jersey is that it is naturally stretchy. So even with a full natural content, jersey as a knit is stretchy. And linen jersey actually feels cool!

@ linnea-maria: This was the first time I encountered it, but I'm also a sucker for cheap natural fabrics, so it might just be out of my price range!

@ ette: Eigentlich ist das echt ein Saum für Faule, man rollt nur und näht an den Enden durch. Und der Leinenjersey war ein Glücksgriff, vorher kannte ich den auch nicht!