Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CorpGoth Mid-Month Status Report: A Suitable Jacket

Today I'm doing a report right on time (as today is the last day to submit), which is something I have not done in a long time. The topic for this month's status report is 

"Subject: Let's get a little formal -- show off your classic CorpGoth style with an outfit featuring a blazer or suit jacket. You could wear a complete suit, if you like.




I threw a blazer over the stuff I wore to work and was surprised how much more formal it went in seconds. With big boobs and almost no waistline, blazers are not my favorite wear. THis one has actually only once seen daylight before - during my PhD defense!

 photo IMG_0181_zps157876eb.jpg


 photo IMG_0189_zps58cb0d21.jpg

7 comments:

linnea-maria said...

You look great!!A nice jacket make an outfit so much more formal and corporate. I have the same problem as you but was very lucky to find a jacket that was figure shaped in the back and straight in the front, in that way I didn't look "boxy" it was at H&M. I will show it in my next post, hopefully written today.

Jade said...

You are so pretty! And you are definitely right, a suit jacket is a great way to instantly make an outfit more official looking. ^^ I also love that green shirt and how it compliments your hair color.

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thanks! I fell rather insecure about my body at the moment, so having positive feedback helps! And thank you for the tip with H&M, maybe I should try looking there, too.

@ jade: Thank you so much! The shirt is sewn by me, I'll give a little more detail this evening.

Trystan L. Bass said...

Very sharp! Love it.

MindLess said...

@ Trystan: Thanks!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

You look very professional!! I agree, blazers can be a bit difficult if you are larger in the chest area.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Good that I'm not the only one with these problems. Maybe I should buy too small blazers and just wear them open?