Monday, September 15, 2014

Barcelona haul

Although I visited Barcelona last year already, this time was extra special because my boyfriend was with me. We had a lot of fun walking the streets of the wonderful city, in fact we walked about 10km per day. Uphill, during 30° C bright sunshine... We spent time at the beach, shopping independent designer shirts and visiting what felt like a million Gaudi buildings.

I already talked about motivational fabric and this is it:

 photo IMG_6219_zpsf8a635f4.jpg

As always, the purple and gold is much more vivid and much less blue in real life than on this picture... I have 1 month to make something from it and this something is a robe polonaise. At least that is what I have in mind...

While I obviously knew about the fabric, my boyfriend bought me an unexpected gift. During our flight back, I skimmed through the duty free stuff and instantly liked a set of nail polish. But I always fall asleep on the plane and missed the food and the duty free announcement. When we arrived home, he gave me the nail polishes! I was soooo happy!

 photo IMG_6220_zps18ca86f4.jpg

 photo IMG_6212_zpsa8eb7ae8.jpg

5 comments:

Spookieness said...

That is so sweet of him. I'm glad you guys had a great trip

MindLess said...

@ Spookieness: He's just the best! And I love to travel with him, he is a great travel companion...

ette said...

Du hast ja einen tollen Freund! Und auf die Polonaise bin ich gespannt, der Stoff sieht toll aus dafür. Hihi, dann ist das ja eine Purple-Polonaise^^
lg ette

Laura Morrigan said...

That fabric looks amazing! My friend made me a beautiful polonaise out of the Truly Victorian pattern. It is great because they have different pieces you choose if different parts of your body are in different measurements. Although since I gained weight it does not fit! :,(

MindLess said...

@ ette: Nicht wahr? Er ist einfach wunderbar! Das Wortspiel ist genial, darf ich das als Posttitel dazu verwenden?

@ Laura Morrigan: But couldn't you either let out the waistline a bit or lace your corset a little tighter? That would be my quick solutions...