Tuesday, July 1, 2014

WGT 2014 - Part 1

As I am back now, let's talk about WGT 2014. You might still remember that I was kind of "not in the mood" for WGT lately. Actually it took me until 30km before Leipzig and a lot of VNV Nation before it finally felt like WGT. I know I'm kind of talking from a very privileged position since I visited gothic festivals a lot and also WGT several times already, but maybe I'm growing old and tired of WGT? I think I might skip next year and see whether I miss Leipzig...

Anyway, we arrived on Thursday evening right in time for some Pizza at Rizzi (still the best place in Leipzig for food, we went there every day!) and some cocktails at Mephisto (which is a bar right above the Ratskeller which was already mentioned in Goethe's Faust).

On Friday we realised that this WGT might be problematic. People let me tell you: It was d*mned hot! Our first destination in Saturday was the Victorian Pick nick, which seemed like a good idea - sitting under some trees and sipping cherry wine while eating cheese cake brownies? Count me in! We did a small detour to see a fashion exhibition of Lucardis Feist in a 4 star hotel. While the dresses were not my style, I really loved the menswear. My boyfriend too, so there might a be some investing into custom designer wear soon...



The new outfit was kind of last minute as I sewed on the buttons of my boyfriend's vest in the car on the way and my Taille was sewn on Wednesday before WGT (please remind me that I need to blog it in detail). Still I think I looked passable:

  photo IMG_0015_zps9e2f348d.jpg

 photo IMG_0034_zpsba9e4da1.jpg

 photo IMG_0009_zps710d584f.jpg

 photo 10456131_852149824813386_7151417115132304105_n_zps7c1af105.jpg
Three green ladies: Neisella, Lenelein and little_Ophelia

The hat and the jewelry I wore were made by the beautiful Nachtkatze which I had the pleasure to see every day during WGT! When we arrived at the Clara Zetkin Park, we were kind of surprised by a part of the area which was fenced off.  This was supposed to keep photographers at bay, but they were shooting right into the area still without asking. I'm also really pissed that I appeared in the online version of B*LD (which is the worst kind of rainbow press) without my consent... *grrr*

After some hours in the scorching heat, we went back to the hotel and dressed down. It was so nice to walk around Leipzig without having your photo taken every two seconds! My boyfriend and I went to a concert (Rotersand) but since the sound was horrible like always in the Kohlrabizirkus we went to the Agra and didn't do anything special.

10 comments:

Lynoire said...

Passable? Are you kidding?! It's beautiful! You looked gorgeous! ^^
I love those shades of green so much...!

MindLess said...

@ Lynoire: Thank you, you are making me blush! I see a lot of things I could improve, I'm not so happy with the Taille.

linnea-maria said...

Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous! I love your dresses and outfits. You are so inspiring. I hate that I don't have that time to sew anymore or is comfortable with my body enough to sew something for myself.

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thanks for the compliment! Don't feel bad about not being able to do all things all the time. You have a wonderful family, a beautiful garden and visit a lot of flea markets - all things I don't have and feel a little bit jelous about. We should not envy each other but be happy with the stuff we have and the things we do!

Shannon Rutherford said...

Passable? You looked stunning! The hair and its accessories were absolutely lovely. And look at that gown *_*
By the way, I hear you when you complain about pics being taken without your permission. It happens to me all the time when I go out in a lolita outfit, especially when I'm with other lolitas. They just assume you're there for their entertainment; if it was anyone else they'd respect their privacy because they know it's illegal to steal someone's image, but with alternative people they seem to think rules don't count.
Dude, you fucking ask for my permission. It's my fucking face, how am I supposed to know what you're going to do with it?
-_-

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Thanks! I don't get why they treat me like some kind of animal in the zoo. Once I asked a women who simply took a pic without asking why she doesn't respect my privacy and she replied: "If you don't want your picture taken, don't dress up!" Which I find kind of sad because she doesn't even consider that I dress like that FOR ME and not for her...

Shannon Rutherford said...

That is a downright *idiot* thing to say, and wrong on so many levels. I'm really tired of us women and girls being blamed for the wrongs they do to us. The blame is not on our clothes, it's on their rudeness and lack of decency, and coming up with our alleged "need for attention" is nothing but a lame-ass excuse for their fucked up behaviour.

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: I think a large part of that is that the peolpe get "served" with a lot of visuals for free every day. It seems to portrait that "every" alternative looking person likes to be taken pistures of and they feel entitled to their pictures. Somehow she idn't like us taking pictures of her, though...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I am jealous that you got to see Rotersand! You look beautiful in dark green. I am sorry to hear that photographers have been such a problem at WGT.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Well, one day you will visit WGT and be pestered by people wanting to take a picture because you are so beautiful! Thanks for the compliment, I love green currently! I've seen Rotersand several times already and lloved them live.