Monday, July 7, 2014

Spray painted flower pot

Some while ago I bought white and red flower pots at IKEA. The red ones were severely reduced in prize (I think it was 70%), that's why I took them with me. I planned to paint them black since the red fit nowhere into my flat. So I gathered my supplies (black spray paint, rubber gloves, and a old pizza box) and got to work!

 photo IMG_6094_zps3837644e.jpg

 photo IMG_6095_zpsc02a4d0a.jpg

 photo IMG_6097_zps26383aa7.jpg

 photo IMG_6098_zpsd41f26df.jpg

It took me three coats to get the colour right and another coat of clear spray paint for longer durability. And the final result looks like this:

 photo IMG_6099_zps1bd96979.jpg

8 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Aah, Swedish "pottery"

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Lace-y gothic style Swedish "pottery"! ^^

The Professor said...

Why haven't I ever thought about using a darned pizza box for this kind of spray painting?!? BRILLIANT. I usually get the paint all over the place. Sheeze.

MindLess said...

@ The Professor: It was just what was on top of the paper trash... But I usually but one piece of carton up against the wall and one below the piece I spray paint.

Jade said...

Those look really nice and I certainly too am going to use a pizza box the next time I spray paint small objects! Personally I liked the red color too but if it doesn't go with anything in your apartment, the there was no other option but to paint them. :)

MindLess said...

@ Jade: The red was indeed a nice colour, but I wnated it black to match our purple-black-white living room. I can spray them back to red when I need them, anyway!

Laura Morrigan said...

Those are really cool pots! I like having them in two different colours for contrast, too!

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I love the stark contrast between black and white as well!