Monday, July 14, 2014

Second regency dress

As soon as I saw the white soft chiffon at my favourite fabric dealer, I knew I had to turn this into my second regency dress. I already had the Simplicity Regency dress pattern (4055) in my stash, so the only thing left to do was to cut pattern and fabric and get them to the sewing machine!

 photo IMG_6110_zps9812652d.jpg

 photo IMG_6112_zps454488d2.jpg

 photo IMG_6111_zps4b80add4.jpg

The result is a very plain but elegant white regency dress. I made some minor changes: I added some width to the front top and used a side zipper instead of the intended button or drawstring closure.

 photo IMG_6113_zps9abbf780.jpg

I also made detachable long sleeves from the included long sleeve pattern in case I'd want to wear it in cooler weather:

 photo IMG_6118_zpsd14c5fff.jpg

3 comments:

linnea-maria said...

It is beautiful!! Are you going as one of the Jane Austen caracters?

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh this looks lovely! <3 I was addicted to Pride and Prejudice as a child! I still love those stories!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: No, I just love the regency silhouette and the flowyness of the dresses. I don't have any particular character in mind!

@ Laura Morrigan: Thanks! I have mixed feelings about the Jane Austen books, because I hate the behaviour of the women in the books but love the historic athmosphere...