Thursday, July 17, 2014

Liebster award - or maybe I'm just to lazy to post real content... ^^

Well, I came upon the blog of Mistress of Disguise just today and really loved the questions she answered in her post of the Liebster award... So I decided to conquer them as well!

A Liebster!


Upon receiving this award you must:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Nominate other blogs, preferably ones with less than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions asked by the one(s) who gave you the award.
4. Make a list of questions for the other nominees to answer.


Technically, I did not recieve the award. But I'd still like to thank Mistress in Disguise anonymously! I will also not nominate anyone, but feel free to answer the same questions! 

1. What first got you interested in costuming?
 
I was always fascinated by medieval times, high fantasy and pen&paper roleplaying, so there is probably no surpirse I wanted to look like that as well. I also LARPed very shortly and love to visit rennisance fairs!
 
2. How old were you when you began sewing? How long ago was that?
 
I think I was about 13 when I started sewing. I was rather ambitious, my first project was a simple medieval looking skirt (no authencity whatsoever), the next one a boned corset thingy! ^^
 
4. Do you have any bad sewing habits? If so, what are they?
 
I don't iron stuff unless you force me to *looking at *wollmaus* and Neisella*, I often sew without pinning stuff together and I tend to take shortcuts that sometimes result in more work altogether. So yes, I am not the most correct seamstress and every professional would probably flinch by my style...
 
5. Name one piece of sewing related equipment that you wish you owned.
 
I am currently thinking about buying a embroidery machine. Not that I wear much stuff with embroidery or would actually think that I need it, it is mere thinking about stuff I could buy. Maybe a coverstitch machine would be a better choice, but embroidery looks so fancy *sigh*
 
6. What is your favourite thing about costuming?
 
I love how the final result looks. How I can be a princess much more often than the average plain Jane! I also love being inspired by different times for example by reading a book or watching a movie and making a matching garment for myself.
 
7. Which part of costuming do you most dread?
 
Decoration! One the garment is wearable, I tend to cut short on the embroidery, laces, trims I could add because I'm lazy. I'm working on that, though!

8. Do you sew many everyday garments, or do you only do costumes?
 
Both. Sometimes I'm on a jersey streak and push out one shirt after another, but for big occasions I do sew costumes.
 
9. How has costuming affected your life?
 
I learned a lot about history and foundation garments. About philosophy and politics because you need a certain understanding why women would wear such uncomfortable clothes. I met many nice people, but I do so regardless of my wardrobe. Oh, and I modeld for a photoshoot for the first time thanks to historical clothes!
 
10. If you had unlimited time and money, what would you sew?
 
A highly decorated Victorain royal wedding dress. Not because I want to marry, but rather because I could go really "out there" and add all the trims and laces possible! And work with the finest silk and lace fabrics... *sigh*

3 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

I love to read these! I got nominated for one a while back, I still haven't got around to it, whoops!

Megan Martin said...

I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! Yours is fabulous, too, I always love finding new people in the historical costuming community. :D

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Go ahead and fill it out, I'd love to get to know more about you!

@ Megan Martin: How nice of you to pop by and leave a comment! I really admire your works!