Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Blackfield 2014 - Part 1

Rather spontaneously I decided to visit some more festivals this year. My boyfriend and I bought Amphi tickets the day we were back at home after WGT since we were frustrated how little bands we saw at WGT. All the ones we wanted to see played at horrible locations, so we ended up with 1 full concert and 2 partial ones. My personal negative record for WGT!

When my friend Sintra asked me if I wanted to go to Blackfield (another local goth festival which is about 30 minutes from my home), I simply joined in. While I visited a lot of concerts and festivals, I have never seen ASP live and they were supposed to be really good!

On Friday I went to Gelsenkirchen directly after work in civil black. Blackfield is settled in the location where the Amphi original was founded; a small Amphitheater located by a river. There is a small medieval market around and some booth with goth sellers and food. Otherwise you just go there to drink beer and watch concerts as there is not much else to do! The festival is small enough that many of the bands come around to the fans after concert! On Friday I saw Namnambulu getting some beers at the bar after a really cool concert! We also watched Saltatio Mortis (which I don't like, sorry) and Schandmaul which were good as always!

 photo IMG_6064_zpsf93fac26.jpg

On Saturday I dressed up. Finally a festival with cooler weather!

 photo IMG_6080_zps9522ed81.jpg

 photo IMG_6071_zpsa742b092.jpg

The hat was made by Niniel Chan, the corset is true Nachtkatze wear! I look a bit crumbled from sitting around all day! I really enjoyed the day with Sintra, Meara, and her friends (which live only 5 minutes from my home, wuhu!)! We saw The Other, Diorama, The Beauty of Gemini, Diary of Dreams, Front Line ssembly and the ever amazing VNV nation. The VNV nation concert was actually the best one I ever attended and I saw them a lot...

8 comments:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I'm glad it was cool out so you could wear nice clothing! Your outfit is gorgeous as usual!

linnea-maria said...

You look gorgeous!!!

Laura Morrigan said...

I want to go to WGT with some other Australian friends one day, I love all the outfits there! Your Victorian outfit is fantastic, I love the hat and lace top. I can't get enough black lace, I need some more but my budget is too low at the moment!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thanks!

@ Laura Morrigan: Well, sometimes one has to save for all the victorian goth needs! I'd love to meet you on WGT, it is more fun than my posts sound... ;)

Ms Misantropia said...

Lovely outfit! Can't go wrong with black lace.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thank you! Black lace is truely wonderful...

Neisella Nightmare said...

hottie <3

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Danke, kann ich nur zurückgeben!