Monday, June 2, 2014

Skeleton fishtail

Was I seriously considering spending the WGT in shirts and leggings a mere 2 weeks ago? Suddenly the sewing bug bit me again! This skirt was nowhere a quick sew (it took me some time to figure the design, cut the pieces, all in all I stretched making it over a month), but I really love the final product... It all started with me falling in love with this design:


I still have no idea where it originated nor where to buy it (If you know, please write me a comment!), but the intricate details, the bony structure... - It was love at first sight! When I finished the snake corset, I knew I needed something to wear with it. Since the corset is figure hugging, I though about jeans or leggings *gg*, but a fishtail skirt would suit fine as well.

When my friend Trisha agreed to paint the spine for me (at least the outlines), I had no more excuses. So now I am the proud owner not of a reconstruction, but a skirt in a similar style with a long train:

 photo IMG_6053_zps4f422e58.jpg
business in the front...

 photo IMG_6049_zpsdd92fb26.jpg
...Party in the back!

 photo IMG_6051_zps531f4218.jpg
train detail

 photo IMG_6052_zps21652546.jpg

9 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Leck mich am A.... ist das geil!!!!

Nachtkatze said...

woaaaah....ist das genial

linnea-maria said...

It's amazing!! You will get lots of photographers after you at WGT :)

MindLess said...

@ Neisella: Danke!

@ Nachtkatze: Nochmehr danke!

@ Linnea-maria: Urgh, I will try to avoid them where possible! This is really the worst thing about WGT...

Sintra said...

Wow das ist ja ein Hammer teil

ette said...

Das sieht ja toll aus! Wünsche dir ganz viel Spass auf dem WGT!
lg ette

MindLess said...

@ Sintra: Danke dir! Ohne meine Freunde wäre es nix geworden...

@ ette: Danke! Den hatte ich, auch wenn es viel zu warm war...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

WOW!!!!! That is going to look fabulous in an outfit!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thank you! *blush*