Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Brocade hat

I made a quick hat to go with the brocade stuff I sewed.

 photo IMG_6056_zpsdf8934e0.jpg

 photo IMG_6058_zps268d913e.jpg

 photo IMG_6061_zps014686f8.jpg

As you can see  I was a little to trigger happy with the hot glue gun and smeared a little glue on the fabric. But I added a lot of stuff to hide it and hope that nobody will notice:

Also I added some more decoration to the matching skirt: A simple velvet ribbon and another ribbon with velvet and lace I'm really happy with the result (thanks to Neisella who recommended adding more stuff!):


 photo IMG_6062_zpsbfbe5de1.jpg

8 comments:

Alexandriaweb said...

Cool :)
I have a top made from the same fabric :)

linnea-maria said...

Lovely fabric and a beautiful hat! :)

Ms Misantropia said...

Wonderful hat.

Jade said...

That hat is gorgeous! I can't wait for the photos of your GWT outfits! ^^

MindLess said...

@ Alexandriaweb: That's cool, where did you get that?

@ linnea-maria: Thank you!

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks!

@ Jade: It was so hot that I gave up after day 2 and just dressed in plain black... Sorry!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I can't wait to see your WGT outfits!!

Frau Vau said...

Superschöner fascinator - Respekt!
Für sowas fehlt mir ja die Geduld, aber ich finde die Teile immer sehr schick und bewundere die regelmäßig auf Kunsthandwerkermärkten.
Klasse Teil, das!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: I'll post them next week!

@ Frau Vau: Danke für den lieben Kommentar! Eigentlich bin ich auch ein ungeduldiger Mensch, aber Hütchen und Faszinators machen Spaß und gehen überraschend schnell...