Friday, May 16, 2014

Week in Review 20/2014

What did I see?
I'm currently thinking a lot about health and food and nutrition. So this week I watched two documentaries: "Forks over Knifes" and "Fat, Sick and nearly Dead". I found them both on YouTube, so you don't have to buy these to see them. I'm not sure how much I agree to a fully vegan diet, I love cheese and eggs and did miss them tremendously during vegan week. But I think that focusing more on plant based food and real foods (fruits, vegetables, nuts and legumes) does me indeed good. I need some more time to think about this...

Also, there are a lot of pictures from H.R. Giger floating around now that he has died. I'm really sad because he was always such an inspiration as an artist! RIP, Father of the Alien...


What did I listen to?
Loituma-Leva's Polka 

What did I ask myself?
Will I keep this up?

What did I read?
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, but I'm only thirty pages in. We had a rough start, but now I get to like it!

What did I work on?
Nothing. I'm uninspired at the moment.

I was happy about...
My new kitchen machine - I'm such a girl! -.-'

I was annoyed about...
My work not working. What am I doing wrong?

I bought...
A kitchen machine, foam rubber, a feather and black spray colour.

5 comments:

Mara Macabre said...

Es gab wirklich nie ein cooleres Alien als das von Giger!
Abschied von einem sehr großen Künstler!

Undergroundfortea Gothic said...

Don't go vegan, go Paleo!! Seriously, take it from a former vegan, you need animal foods. You need vitamin B12! :)

MindLess said...

@ Mara Macabre: Ja, leider...

@ Undergroundfortea Gothic: I do not intend to go vegan, I love cheese and milk to much! But I don't eat meat, so Paleo is kind of hard to eat for me. And I do not believe in the abolishment of wheat.

beklet said...

Re Forks over Knives - for a very good debunk of the documentary, read Denise Minger's Raw Food SOS blog - she has no affiliation to paleo, vegan or any other 'diet' - she also wrote a very good book called Death By Food Pyramid which explains how it all went so wrong....

MindLess said...

@ beklet: Thanks for the tip, I'm just reading through it! As a scientist I'm naturally sceptic. I know for example that vegans and vegegtarians have a higher count of depression and mental illness. So even if you can avoid cardiovascular diseases, you might end up unhappy anyway...