Friday, May 9, 2014

Week in Review 19/2014

Sorry for the radio silence, but I had a busy week and was not able to blog as much as I wanted. I'll post more next week!

What did I see?
Nothing exciting was seen besides this beautiful and disturbing pictures:





The series is called "Romanticisation of Mental Illness" and was taken by Kelsey Weaver. I'm by no means suicidal, but I can kind of understand the idea behind these photos. And that really creeps me out! Mental illnesses are no joke, I work in a psychiatric institution and see so many people suffering from inner demons that I do not believe that "time will heal" or "Don't exaggerate".

What did I listen to?
the radio

What did I ask myself?
Why do I have such bad luck with dishwashers?

What did I read?
On Saturday I went through the whole existing part of the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore. I read "The 
Power of Five","The Rise of Nine", and "The Fall of Five" in one sitting, interrupted only by some food and visits of the toilet (with the book in hand). It was a long time since I've been so emerged into any book! The series is about 9 children from the planet Lorien, who were sent with their Guardians to Earth when their planet was destroyed. They have special abilities and can only be killed in a certain order. Now they are up to do something against the the Mogadorians, who destroyed their planet and hunt them on Earth as they are trying to fight a second invasion...

What did I work on?
A little on a skirt and a vest, but nothing is finished yet.

I was happy about...
One of the skirts I'm working on is really looking like I planned!

I was annoyed about...
Work. There is nothing working and I don't know how to improve this...

I bought...
Some underwear (new), a dress and a pullover (used). And WGT tickets!

3 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Ich verstehe voll und ganz was du mit den Bildern meinst. Schön aber verstörend...

Undergroundfortea Gothic said...

I've lost several people to suicide in my life- an uncle and two friends, one of those was a best-friend. Mental illness is real and suicide is devastating. Kudos to your work with the mentally-ill- that's tough but meaningful work.

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Irgendwie schon wieder sehr Gothic, oder?

@ Undergroundfortea Gothic: My condolences to your losses! Mental illness is nothing to deal with easily, I really admire people who worked hard to keep them under control or actually get rid of them!