Monday, May 12, 2014

Green Victorian Skirt

I know I'm kind of predictable. Most of my historian outfits turn out to bee green. I really like the color and I think it suits me well. Plus I think that they are more wearable and look prettier in pictures than fully black outfits (although I'd love to own a fully out there Victorian Mourning outfit *sigh*). Well, anyway: More green!

 photo IMG_6031_zps8ddd8c42.jpg

 photo IMG_6033_zps0322611f.jpg

 photo IMG_6034_zps12c7eacb.jpg

 photo IMG_6032_zps9d3336f5.jpg

The skirt is made from green poly taffeta and some trims I bought from stoklaza and a cute little shop in Oberhausen. The waist is again an elastic because of comfort and the possibility to wear it with and without corset.

It took me quite some time to finish because the trims needed a lot of hand sewing. Which - as you all know- I really hate. But now it is over and the skirt looks amazing! Next on is a matching vest for my lovely boyfriend and the taille for this skirt. I actually inherited a green velvet skirt from my great aunt that I'd love to  turn into it...

5 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Für das viktorianische Picknick? Dazu wollte ich auch meine grüne Tornüre ausführen. Twinne? *g

Neisella Nightmare said...

*Twinnen

MindLess said...

Gerne doch! ^^

Neisella Nightmare said...

Ausgezeichnet :-D

Ms Misantropia said...

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.