Friday, April 4, 2014

Week in Review 14/2014

What did I see?
Since I bought the complete series "Dark Angel", I came around to watching exactly 1 episode. But I'm still happy I got it and do not regret buying it, because I'll come around to it eventually! This weekend will be spend with "Downton Abbey" as my colleague borrowed me her DVD boxes.
I also stumbled upon the art of Katerina Plotnikova who seems to be all over the Internet this week. I really love her modern fairytale pictures with real animals (although I kind of wonder if the animals were sedated or how they were tamed enough for some of the pictures):


What did I listen to?
Mr. Probz "Waves"

What did I ask myself?
How comes I still love him so much?


What did I read?
I'm now in the last book of the Nesthäkchen series by Else Ury. I think this was never translated into English since the story is pretty old (it starts in the 1910s). It is about Annemarie Braun, doctor's daughter and a real tomboy, who finds her path in life and how she and her family (in the later books, also children and grandchildren) live their life in German capital Berlin. Since the books are written during politically interesting times, there are many ideologies in the books I do not support (although only in the first world war, the second was not existent when the books were written!). But it gives a good grasp of the opinions and ideas that were around at that time. Therefor I would recommend it for the (German) interested and critical readers!

What did I work on?
I sewed some magnet casings. A lot of overtime at work didn't allow for much sewing...

I was happy about...
Making a little progress and finding a good sale for work articles. And going to a party tonight!

I was annoyed about...
Low motivation. It is coming back, but slowly. Too slow for my impatient self! ^^

I bought...
Boots, a shower curtain and 2 books. Might have to cut back on book buying as well... *blush*

3 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

It's always hard to find motivation that matches all the "wants" and "shoulds" of spring - but it will come to you in time :)

Shannon Rutherford said...

Those pictures are so lovely and fairy-talesque (?) :D! I also love it that they've had ginger models :)

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Very wise words!

@ Shannon Rutherford: Yes the pictures look out of this world, right? And the models look rather like "real" people and not full on plastic barbie...