Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fall tornure - Waistcoat

On my quest to finally finish what I started, I also re-discovered the jacket I had not finished for the fall tornure. What, you do not remember the awesome outfit I made last year in September?! *cough* There was supposed to be a jacket with it, which is now (almost?) finished...


What stopped my from finishing it, you ask? Well, the closure. I originally sewed in hooks and eyes (by hand! Just this should make you imagine how long it took) only to discover on first wear that this closure is gaping a lot and therefore ruins the fake "vest and jacket" look. Bummer.

So I ripped the hooks and eyes out (by hand! Again!) and looked for a zipper. I'm ready to scr*w historical correctness -or at least the look, because technically neither fabric nor pattern are historic- to just finish this thing of. I was actually planning to add some lace to hide the zipper, but that would involve hand sewing again...

 photo IMG_5985_zpse1448073.jpg

 photo IMG_5986_zps4c4f1135.jpg

 photo IMG_5988_zpsdf132ef8.jpg

What do you think? The zipper is not really that eye-sore, right?

9 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Amazing outfit! Though I really liked it with the lace top as well.

Lynoire said...

Hm...I don't even see the zipper, to be honest...You did a great job, now get out and take some more fabulous photos of the entire outfit, we have to see the jacket in action! ;)

Avadawhra said...

Wow, das ist wunderschön geworden!!!!!

linnea-maria said...

Beautiful outfit. I'm amazed yet again by your sewing skills.

The Professor said...

What a beautiful jacket! And that fabric is to DIE FOR!!! HUZZAH for your fabulous talents -- more photos please, especially of the seams and such things. I'd like to see your construction methods.

Good grief, you are making my fingers itch to get to my sewing and knitting. One more month and I'll be right there with you, dear gal! WAHOO!

Neisella Nightmare said...

Hammer Lene! Richtig schön!
Kommt das Outfit mit zum WGT?
Und den Zipper sieht man nicht ;-)

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: They are interchangable, but suitable for different occassions!

@ Lynoire: Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend, but I'll have to motivate my boyfrend as well...

@ Avadawhra: Danke! Denke ich bei dir auch immer... ;)

@ linnea-maria: Thanks, darling! I envy your beautiful surroundings and your sweet family...

@ The Professor: I could do some detail pics although my seams are not the best... Soon you will also be able to present some handywork, but I'm glad to hear how happy you sound again!

@ Neisi: Möglicherweise. Bin noch null in WGT Stimmung und habe noch keinen Plan was ich anziehe. Irgendwie doof! ^^'

ette said...

Muss Lynoire recht geben, ich kann den Reissverschluss auch nicht sehen.
Aber die Jacke sieht toll aus, der Stoff ist wirklich wunderschön.
lg ette

MindLess said...

@ ette: Dankeschön! Wenn man davor steht sieht man den Reißverschluss besser. Ich bin immer noch am Überlegen, aber da ich das eh von Hand machen muss, kann das auch noch ein bisschen warten...