Monday, March 24, 2014

WGT 2014 - Evil clown skirt

With Gala nocturna finally out of the way, it is time to start thinking about the next large event that requires a big wardrobe - WGT! Not only do I need to dress myself for this occasion, my boyfriend really got into me sewing stuff for him. So now there are even more things that need to be done!!! Fortunately, WGT is rather late this year which still leaves me some time...

The first outfit I'm sewing is an evil clown outfit because we want to dress up as a group again. Most of the pieces I will wear are already existant - a off the shoulder blouse, a white corset and black and white striped tights. But the skirt is new and looks like this:

 photo IMG_0110_zpsf7dbc6c2.jpg

I used shirring for the waist so it will fit comfortably under the corset. I also added a little ruffle to the hem because I thought it looks more circus-y this way:

 photo IMG_0111_zps30b45050.jpg

 photo IMG_0112_zps2031f774.jpg

But the skirt was looking decidedly to clean and preppy for an evil clown, so I added some dirt accent by painting thinned black and gold on the wet skirt...

 photo IMG_0140_zpsb90604ec.jpg

 photo IMG_0139_zpsba104cf8.jpg

5 comments:

Medea said...

Was für ein schönes Stück, kann ich mir richtig gut als Gesamtoutfit vorstellen :)

MindLess said...

@ Medea: Danke! Ich freue mich auch schon auf dieses relativ simple Outfit. Nicht mehr viel zu nähen! ^^

Jade said...

That skirt is so awesome! :) And I love how in your posts you give these nice tips, like this painting a wet skirt to make it look more eerie and everything. You guys are going to look so amazing in your group costume!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This should be interesting! That is awesome that you can go with other people and have a whole group of people in the same theme.

MindLess said...

@ Jade: I'm always happy to inspire! It is not exactly a "group costume", we rather have a topic (in this case "Broken dolls") and everyone interpretes it for themselves...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: It is nice to have a topic to work around, and since we meet anyway (all sharing the same hotel) we tend to stick together! ^^