Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday sweet - Meringed lemon pie

Yet another Birthday cake (or rather Birthday pie) I made!

 photo IMG_20140315_194442_zpsaf40d16c.jpg

 photo IMG_20140315_194450_zpscbf494dc.jpg

This time I made a shortcrust (the same I'm using for my cheesecake, because it always works and tastes nice) and baked it with some lentils. Actually, I'm usually to lazy for this step, but it keeps the crust from being soft and spongy! Then I made lemon curd and added it to the still warm shortcrust.

The recipe (sorry, it is German!) I used called for a meringe on top which made good use of the egg whites you don't need in the lemon curd. I beat the egg whites with sugar and my boyfriend burnt the surface with a Bunsen burner. It was tangy and sweet and a bit sour. Really lovely!

5 comments:

Angelica said...

Uhh davon hätte ich jetzt auch gern ein Stück...sieht äußerst lecker aus! :)

MindLess said...

@ Angelica: War er auch! :)

linnea-maria said...

nom nom

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Looks delicious!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: ;)

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Yes it was!