Monday, March 17, 2014

Gala nocturna 2014

Here comes the post about the final Gala nocturna outfits my boyfriend and I wore at the ball. As I said before, we were finished with everything on Saturday morning which left plenty of time for a nice stroll through Antwerp.

The ball itself was on Saturday evening and we were of course a bit rushed when we were nearing the opening ceremony. We met with Nachtkatze and Neisella and company beforehand at Nachtkatze's Hotel for final styling (and a bit of cherry wine ^^) and made it to the ball almost on time. I didn't have the correct printout with me, but my name was sufficient to get us in - even though my boyfriend was afraid they wouldn't let us in! During the 15 min waiting line, we were entertained by ghostly dancers and the occasional fight between one of Belle's suitors and the castle guards. The location was great, the winter garden of Europe's oldest zoo! The official picture corner was actually in the garden:

 photo Praumlsentation1_zps355f3569.jpg

I wore the skirt with my crinoline and the drapings over it, as well as the corset I made in the WIP. I will give more details on that later, it was still drying this weekend...
All in all I was not too happy with my look, but better this than naked. I actually didn't like my first make up which was more beast-ly and redid it before we met with the others. My top kept on creeping up on my shoulders and the horns were pressing on my ears, but we had a lot of fun altogether so it didn't really matter how I looked. I even felt a little under dressed considering all the amazing outfits I saw at the Gala!

 photo 1902918_434901159989703_1790221481_n_zps3a997a01.jpg

There were some minor points which left me a bit annoyed:
  • The drinks took their time, we waited approximately 30-45 min each time. The service staff was very friendly, but simply overwhelmed by the demand
  • The red wine was horrible, the white wine was bland
  • They ran out of beer around 1am, which was way too early
  • The music was not that good. Do you remember the Eurotrash band Loona? Their song "Hijo della luna" was played for example and other stuff from the current charts...
But all the eye candy made up for that! Seriously, the location was great, the people really put some effort in their outfits and I had many friendly chats in the waiting lines or outside on the patio!

 photo 1472748_10151986159112957_1347721542_n_zps20d28720.jpg

11 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Your outfit is amazing! And are those horns you are wearing? Cool.

To bad the alcohol situation left alot to be desired at the event.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Yes, the horns I'm wearing were made by Nachtkatze because I'm no good with skulptures...

Please don't think I drink all the time as I'm complaining about the alcohol situation! Getting non-alcoholic drinks was just as hard!

Undergroundfortea Gothic said...

Your gown looks stunning. Looks like you had a ball ;)

ette said...

The dress turned out really beautiful and I love how you paired it with the horns.
What a pity that the Gala itself wasn't so good, Loona would be a reason to leave for me, there are few bands I really can't stand, and Loona is definitely one if them.

graverobbergirl said...

Looking good! I think you should be proud of the costume, even if it's not as elaborate as you wanted. It's gorgeous!

MindLess said...

@ Undergroundfortea Gothic: Thank you! ^^

@ ette: Actually that was when we went outside and started drinking there. Loona is kind of a party killer... ;)

@ graverobbergirl: thanks so much! Sometimes things just don't turn out the way they were in my head... -.-

Neisella Nightmare said...

Ich muss ganz ehrlich sagen, der Abend war nur durch euch so richtig gelungen. Nächstes Jahr mag ich noch mal hin, um zu sehen ob die Gala wieder an "alte Zeiten" anknüpfen kann. Aber wenn es dann wieder so wird wie dieses Jahr, dann gehts halt aufgerüscht zu Katzi an die Sieg :D

Und ich finde dein Kleid sehr gelungen. Blau steht dir fantastisch. Genauso wie grün. Der Kontrast zu den Haaren ist einfach super =)

Nachtkatze said...

Ich finde, du hast wirklich total toll ausgesehen und bin immer noch hingerissen von deiner Frisur :-D Es war ein toller Abend mit Euch

MindLess said...

@ Neisella: Danke, du Süße! Ich bin halt dieses Mal nicht so beigeistert, auch wenn ich die Farbe echt mag. Bald habe ich Outfits in allen Farben (außer gelb und orange), dann kann ich ein Regenbogenshooting machen...

@ Nachtkatze: Danke! Ich fand deine Hörner aus Moosgummi sehr interessant und überlege schon, mir auch welche zu machen. Leichter als diese ist es auf jeden Fall, auch wenn diese halt etwas "echter" wirken!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

LOVE how your outfit turned out! The blue colour is fabulous on you! I am also in love with the horns, those look awesome!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thank you for the nice comment! Nachtkatze made the awesome horns, she really has a hand for pretty things!