Friday, February 21, 2014

Week in Review 8/2014


What did I see?
Last weekend already I had a really comfy day at home with my boyfriend watching videos and sharing quality time. We saw "RED 2" - So amazing, I loved the actors, the plot turns and the cool action!- and "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" - which was a solid movie, but not as good as the novel. I tend to say that a lot, right? ^^

What did I listen to?
Beeping clean benches and alarm clocks.

What did I ask myself?
Time flies and how can I keep up?


What did I read?
I read the second novel of the Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien ("Prized"). I'm disappointed. What started out so interesting and new now drifts into senseless romantics and stupid teenager drama. Well, I'm not sure if I should read the third novel at all...
I also read "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. I recently saw an ad for the upcoming cinema adaptation and decided that I'd prefer to read to novel. And it was actually pretty good! The novel is settled in the near future where horrible wars led to the partition of society into different "factions" who believe in different solutions for the problems between humans. The novel starts with the protagonist Beatrix belonging to Abnegation (who think selfishness causes the problems). In their 16th year, all teenagers get to choose which fraction they belong to (besides Abnegation there is Dauntless -Force is the solution of all problems-, Amity -Friendliness is the solution of all problems - and Erudite -knowledge is power-). But Beatrix doesn't fit the scheme, she is "divergent" from the pattern. A really good read with a little romance but a lot more heavy on the philosophical side!

What did I work on?
A corset and a jacket for my lovely boyfriend

I was happy about...
A new plan for my training at the gym. And eating more vegetables and fruits, because colorful food is better food!

I was annoyed about...
A rejected paper, less time for myself and my motivation which is still hidden somewhere.

I bought...
I pledged to buy something in the near future: Period Panties! Those were just to amazing to skip...


2 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Haha, those panties are hilarious!

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: I loved the idea and will probably wear them all the time. No need to wait for the "special time of the month"! ;)