Friday, February 14, 2014

Week in Review 7/2014

What did I see?
This video about a world where instead of a patriarchy, society is a matriarchy. Kind of an eye opener!



What did I listen to?
Faun - Oyneng Yar

What did I ask myself?
Can i keep this up? Do I even want to?


What did I read?
I'm done reading "Birthmarked" by Caragh M. O'Brien and it was interesting and a little bit disturbing. The book is based on a future society that lives in a world heated up by global warming. The rich people inside the city walls supply the people living outside with water and food, but take a baby quota each month. These babies a brought into the city and are never seen outside again. The book centers around the new nurse Gaia and her parents that are captured by the city guards. This book really made me think!

What did I work on?
A shirt and a corset. But another shirt, not the same as last week!

I was happy about...
Getting some shit done and going to the gym.

I was annoyed about...
Not shopping. I never thought it would be that hard!

I bought...
I bought (or rather paid for) the giveaway panties, 3 art prints and 2 ebooks. And I did a order for sewing supplies since I ran out of steel boning in the middle of a corset WIP. Go me! -.-#

4 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Poignant little film. So sad most people don't understand what it's like until you turn the tables on them.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Sometimes this inversion of stereotypes really helps to understand what goes wrong. Because everytime you flinch when something happens to a man, you should understand that this behaviour is not correct against women either...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Someone showed me that film a few weeks ago. I think that everyone should watch it!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: It is definetively worth watching!