Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gala Nocturna 2014 - Draped overskirt

I can honestly say that I'm not happy with the way the Gala Nocturna Outfit looks. This makes me procrastinate like no good. So after a swift kick in the butt by my boyfriend (which was really needed and appreciated), I finally finished the draped over skirt for my outfit. Seems like he really is not interested in going there naked, can you believe? ;)

I used up about 3.5m of navy chiffon I had in my stash. The hems were all rolled hems and the for the seams I did french seams. Again I went for the lazy route and used a elastic waistband instead of doing it properly with interfacing and a zipper. Better imperfect and done than on the way to perfect forever, right? ^^

 photo IMG_0243_zps73bd50af.jpg
front
 photo IMG_0244_zps0965cc1c.jpg
side
 photo IMG_0245_zpsdfb5e6b3.jpg
back
For the draping I sewed (by hand, oh the joy!)  blue satin ribbon to the waistband and (again by hand) tucked the fabric after draping it on my dress form. Nothing special about it, but I took a picture of the interior in case you are interested:

 photo IMG_0246_zps94b4c215.jpg

6 comments:

Avadawhra said...

Wow!!!!! sieht ja schon super aus ;))

Neisella Nightmare said...

Ich finde auch, sieht super aus. Ohne Korsett vielleicht noch etwas unmotiviert. Und dann noch deine schönen Schmückerchen dazu <3

MindLess said...

@ Avadawhra: Danke sehr! Ich bin irgendwie nicht so begeistert, aber das geht mir häufiger so: Irgendwie passen die fertigen Sachen nicht zum Bild im Kopf -.-

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Korsett ist auch fertig. Goth sei dank!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I can't wait to see it on you!

MindLess said...

@ vulcan Butterfly: I'll wear it at the ball tomorrow and take some pictures!