Friday, February 14, 2014

Gala Nocturna 2014 - Blouse

Today I'm posting something to show you that not everything works on first try for me. Sometimes it is the easiest things that take the most time...

For Gala nocturna I planned to sew a blouse to wear under the corset so that my arms are not fully naked. I used up the rest of the under skirt and had not much fabric left. I wanted to use the pattern Simplicity 2777 because I had it around and was to lazy to construct the pattern myself. I bare cut blouse view A from the fabric leftovers and did the usual sewing, serging and roll hemming.

Instead of the recommended casing with an non-elastic pull-band, I thought I'd go the easy route and simply sew on elastic. And I used the triple zig zag stitch because it is secure and stretchy.

 photo IMG_0236_zps741cc597.jpg

But I was either not stretching enough or the elastic was not elastic enough. I ended up with this monster of a blouse:

 photo IMG_0233_zps55f9be90.jpg

 photo IMG_0234_zpsebb1c1a4.jpg

Seriously, I could fit me AND my boyfriend in it! But anyone who ever had to rip a seam apart probably knows how horrible this stitch is to rip. So it took me more than one week of staring hatefully on the wreck to gather the mental strength to rip this thing!

 photo IMG_0237_zps4593a412.jpg

From then on it took only half and hour to shir the blouse and it was finished. I wonder what took me so long?! *sigh*

 photo IMG_0238_zpsd747b3b3.jpg

5 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Tschakkaaaa, geschafft =)

Avadawhra said...

Wow schönes Blau und schöner Schnitt ich bin gespannt wie es dann im ganzen aussieht ;)

Wollmaus said...

Hahaha, ich hasse Overlocknähte trennen noch mehr!
Die Bluse sieht schick aus, das Blau wird dir wunderbar stehen.

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Mühsam nährt sich das Eichhörnchen...

@ Avavdawhra: Danke! Im Moment bin ich gerade in einem Kreatief, da helfen solche lieben Kommentare ungemein!

MindLess said...

@ Wollmaus: Aber bei der Ovi reicht ein Faden, den man erwischen muss. Hier musste ich quasi jeden Stich auftrennen... -.-#