Friday, January 17, 2014

Week in Review 3/2014

What did I see?

This week I was fascinated by the works of artist and radiation physicist Arie van’t Riet. He does x-rays of beautiful sceneries and adds some colour afterwards. This looks more fantastic than it sounds:



What did I listen to?
Some HIM while sewing. Sometimes it's great to relisten to the stuff you loved in your teenage years, like "Razorblade Kiss"!

What did I ask myself?
How long is it until Gala Nocturna again? Why is nothing done yet?!


What did I read?
I read through "World War Z" by Max Brooks - actually a re-read, so I knew what would happen. Nice zombie book, much better than the movie. The ever changing perspectives really add to the creepy realism! I also started with the newest book from the "Rivers of London" series "Broken Homes" by Ben Aaronovitch. So far it is really catching, I like the main characters the cops Peter Grant andhis partner Lesley and their paranormal investigations!

What did I work on?
Some shirts, a skirt, a dress and a corset. Way to go!

I was happy about...
Seeing Neisella again after such a long pause!


I was annoyed about...
My work. Somehow I'm currently not a happy camper... *sigh*

I bought...
Nothing, but I recieved a lot of packages!

3 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

I have to wonder if the animals she uses are dead or alive? Because x-rays cause cancer I hope she doesn't take tons of pictures of the same cat for instance...

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: The artist doesn't say anything, but from the movement and the amount of different animals, I guess that they are alive. I hope that she doesn't take many pictures and doesn't endager any animals. But you are right, I didn't think about this.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Ah yes, I remember listening to HIM as a teenager as well. When did I get so old???