Monday, January 6, 2014

Selfmade panties!

Let me start off by saying I'm a bad friend and an even worse pattern reviewer. I received the pattern I used for the panties in this post more than a year ago for test sewing I immediately sewed my first panties and loved the fit - which is no surprise since the pattern was made to my measurements! I also intended to make a post about this panties (because I love them and like to support friends), but the was one problem:
"Should I show the panties unworn? Or present my butt publicly?"
My dress form doesn't wear panties well. I won't have Undie pictures on the Internet (Thankyouverymuch, my mum reads this blog!). I don't know models with my exact measurement who model underwear for free. So today I present to you: Panties lying on my table!

 photo IMG_0119_zps14b1fd11.jpg

The amazing thing is that for sewing these panties, you don't need fancy equipment; a normal sewing machine with zigzag stitch and both the higher and lower versions are made from the same pattern called the Pinup Panty.

 photo IMG_0121_zpsfe3ffef0.jpg
 photo IMG_0122_zps3d9ffa28.jpg

As far as I see, ParaNoire doesn't sell these patterns, but you can buy panties made from the very same pattern at her shop. You can see her works on Facebook or on her webpage, but if you want to buy something, you should enter the etsy or Dawanda (for German readers) shop. She is greatly into the development of underwear matching every body type and from what I've heard, her bras are the most comfy ones in the universe! Go check out her capes as well, I'm seriously considering buying one in black velvet!

2 comments:

MmePolaire said...

Very cute! I like the high waist ones! It's surprising how much fabric they take isn't it?

MindLess said...

@ MmePolaire: I think the amount of fabric is okay, but they look huge when not worn! ^^