Monday, January 20, 2014

Scary hairy bat!

I'm still trying to reduce my stash, so I went trough the leftovers and stumbled upon a small piece of long fake fur. I intended this for a collar, but the shape of the leftover would have forced me to do some serious piecing. And since sewing long fur is not fun (very hairy and you need to comb the fur in direction every time you make a seam), a collar was not my favourite option. But then I stumbled upon this cute fellow: 

source from craftster.org
I fell in love and thought I could do a fellow "Scray hairy bat" as well! I used the mentioned fake fur, wool suiting fabric for the wings, some green cat eyes from the crafts shop and even more of the Ikea pillow filling. Which is almost used up now...

 photo IMG_0114_zps5849f345.jpg

Since I somehow felt that my hairy friend was still lacking personality, I made some fangs from air dry clay and sewed them into his face. Now he looks seriously evil! ^^


 photo IMG_0162_zps625321a0.jpg

He has already moved in with my boyfriend and hides away in the mancave...

7 comments:

Niniel-Chan said...

Oh du meine Güte! Die ist ja süß :)

Die sieht so schrill aus,dass sie ein bisschen was von einem flauschigem Wolperdinger hat :D

MindLess said...

@ Nini: Ja, stimmt. Schaut etwas verwirrt-flauschig, die kleine...

Nachtkatze said...

it´s so cute, i could die *quietsch*
absolut genial

MindLess said...

@ Nachtkatze: Oh nicht doch! Sterben ist nun wirklich nich notwendig... ;)

Geist Katze said...

I love him! The fangs were just the right touch.

MindLess said...

@ Geist Katze: I was inspired by The lady of manners' Devil bunny. She also made teeth for him!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

So cute!