For the people coming from outside Europe and who ask themselves what the hell I'm talking about: Gala Nocturna is a medieval-dark romantic ball which seems to be the epitome of historical style balls here in central Europe. The ball has a theme every year, this time it is "La Belle et Le Béte" (~ the Beauty and the Beast). Viona offers some inspirational art and pictures to inspire the visitors for outfits that match the theme.
This time, Nachtkatze and Neisella will be there as well as me and my boyfriend. Yes, he is joining in (although he is still a bit skeptical about the dancing part)! Offer this guy some pretty clothes and he's willing to throw his doubts over board! ^^
Anyway, the ball is March 8th, so I'm on a tight schedule. As always! ;) I already started planning and sewing, but let's start with the planning part first:
- I want to be the beast! My boyfriend is more beautiful than me anyway and I think it is rather boring to be pretty all the time. So I will have animal inspiration and the boyfriend will just look fabulous as ever!
- We were inspired by Russian pictures of the mid of the 19s century. He will be in uniform! <3 li="">
- I decided that I would rather wear a crinoline than a tornure, because tornures look better with with a train and trains make dancing very hard (at least for me).
- The inspirational colour from the Russian uniforms is blue, so my dress will be blue, too. 3>
I will need to sew:
- Underskirt, Draping, Corset, Mask, Gloves - for me! ^^
- Jacket, Shirt, Pants - for my lovely boyfriend
Any readers I will meet there? Anything that I could/should make better?