Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bustle pillow

While having a lot of fun with my friends from the Natron and Soda forum (Hi guys! ^^), our trip to the medieval Christmas market took it's toll on my bustle pillow. A bustle pillow (for the non-historical sewers) helps to give you the nice little extra bum you need for the correct tornure silhouette. I call it lovingly my "fat ass"! Anyway, my bustle pillow ripped open in the middle and repairing would not have made it any prettier. So I decided to make a new one!

 photo IMG_0097_zps3b63c9d5.jpg
 photo IMG_0098_zpsafa1d188.jpg
 photo IMG_0099_zps40f7739a.jpg

I used the same pattern again (included in Burda's pattern 1888), but this time added ruffles to the upper side as I saw it in Madame Lacrima's blog and liked it very much! I used some fabric I had in my stash (Go, 2014's resolutions!) and filled it with poly filling from an old pillow and my old cyberlox I never wear any more...

 photo IMG_0096_zpsd1d02cdf.jpg

To give you some idea how it looks with other garments, I took some pictures with the Russian wrap. Remind me to finally find a place to stash it, otherwise you will see pictures of it until the end of 2014... *blush*

 photo IMG_0103_zpsbc72c01c.jpg

 photo IMG_0101_zpsd3faee38.jpg

8 comments:

linnea-maria said...

Wow! The russian wrap got a totally new silouett with the bum bun!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: You are right! Sometimes it's nice to have a "fat ass"... ;)

Neisella Nightmare said...

Süß, das Ding. Ich sags ja immer wieder. Alles wird besser mit Rüschen :D

MindLess said...

@ Neisella: Naja, nicht alles. Aber vieles! ;)

Nachtkatze said...

seeehr schön. Und ich mag deinen Russenmantel ohnehin total gern. Ich hab nichts gegen weitere Bilder...wie z.B. das letzte aus deinem letzten Post. Soo cool.
Und ich brauch auch noch so ein Kissen :)

MindLess said...

@ Nachtkatze: Danke! Das Kissen ist echt schnell genäht (wenn man nicht die Rüschen spontan nach dem Füllen per Hand annäht...), soll ich dir den Schnitt beim nächsten Mal mitbringen?

Wollmaus said...

Fein sieht das aus! Und der Russenwrap ist immer wieder traumhaft, den darfst du gern noch öfter zeigen ^^

MindLess said...

@ Wollmaus: Danke, du bist so lieb! Freut mich, wenn meine Werke auch anderen gefallen...