Monday, December 16, 2013

Victorian (Russian) Wrap

You may remember that I was in Vienna in the beginning of December? Of course I visited a fabric store there (Komolka) and of course I had to buy some fabric! I promise to show some Vienna pics soon, but I'm so happy how this wrap turned out, I just had to post it!

So anyway, I bought the most amazing mink fake fur in black (for only 12,20 Euro per meter! Why oh why was my suitcase so small?! -.-) with every intention to use it for my planned Victorian wrap together with the coat fabric I ordered from Stoffkontor.eu. And since I was to cheap to buy the Talma Wrap pattern by Truly Victorian, I simply improvised the pattern from another TV pattern (TV410)'s back and winged the rest. I know that this is how many catastrophes start, but luck was on my side:

 photo IMG_0012_zpsea96c59c.jpg
Front, now it looks like a simple cape...

 photo IMG_0018_zps61a17c15.jpg
Side view, here you can see the green lining (present from my aunt) and how nice the fake sleeves hang...

 photo IMG_0016_zps5cc81d65.jpg
Sexy back!

 photo IMG_0019_zps4552775b.jpg
Look at that amazingly sewn in fake fur! All by hand!

I also made a matching Russian (fake) fur hat and wore it right after finishing to the Natron und Soda community meeting at the medieval Christmas market:

 photo IMG_0009_zpsa589f43b.jpg

9 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I get a Dr Zjivago vibe, and I LOVE Dr Zjivago.

Tabet said...

Looks beautiful! :)
Love
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: You are so right! How did I overlook that?! Thanks!

@ Tabet: Thank you!

ette said...

Wow, really stunning. You look gorgeous! And what a bargain, we (Die Nähkiste) always sold fakefur like this for appr. 25€ and I always thought the shop was low priced.

MindLess said...

@ ette: Thank yo, darling! Yes, the deal was great but the fur was to voluminous to cram more into my suitcase...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I love how it drapes! Gorgeous.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thanks! I think it looks and feels great, too.

Neisella Nightmare said...

Der Stoff passt echt super zu dem Fellchen. Du machst mich mal wieder neidisch ^^

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Genau wie du immer wieder! Was ist eigentlich aus deinem Stoff geworden?