Monday, November 11, 2013

WGT Slitherin Snake - Neck Corset

Ahem... In the course of reducing my pile of Un-Finished Objects (UFOs), I rediscovered an outfit I had planned for WGT 2012, the Snake neck corset and corset. Since the scales arrived and I got my sh*t together and finished this thing off, I will show the snake outfit parts here as well, even if it didn't get done in time for WGT 2012. Let's start with the neck corset to keep the tension up, right? ;)

I actually started with the trial version months before WGT (2012 *cough*) at one sewing weekend with Neisella. I used the pattern from Natronundsoda.net and sewed it up according to instruction:

Why yes, these are the leftovers of the ugly fabric swap...

ironed inside - looks crappy, I know!
When I put  it on, I soon realised it is pretty big. I also wanted to change the back view to reach lower and cover more skin. But see for yourself:

Sorry, it's rather hard to take pics of your own neck...

So I eliminated one pattern piece and changed the lines to fit my original idea:

 photo IMG_0033_zps8f5785a3.jpg

 photo IMG_0035_zps1ef44c70.jpg

 photo IMG_0037_zpse077cdd3.jpg

The corset was sewn from black jeans and pink lining. In the beginning I planned to include a third layer (some non-stretchy polyester fabric), but this turned out to be to thick. Now I'm rather happy with both design and fit!

I'm still not sure though whether I should add some scales to the neck corset as well. Any thoughts on this one?

6 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Vielleicht ein paar Schuppen auf das mittlere Paneel? oder auf den Nähten zwischen ersten und zweitem Paneel? Also eine Linie aus Schuppen, die das mittlere (vordere) Paneel einrahmt?

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: das doofe ist, dass die Schuppen oben so eine große Öse zum annähen haben und ich die nicht unbedingt zeigen will...

Neisella Nightmare said...

Ach so... hmmm... die ganz oberste Schuppe ankleben und die Öse abknipsen? Oder mit schwarzem Band (Baumwolle) abdecken?

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Hmm, ich überlege noch. Hinten läuft ja noch ein Band aus Schuppen runter, vielleicht sollte ich es da vorne nicht übertreiben?!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I think it would look awesome with some scales!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: The problem is the really obvious hole in the scales which is needed to attach them. I think they only look good when the hole is covered, but I lack ideas how to cover the upper row...