Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WGT Slitherin snake - Corset

Can you believe I finally finished this outfit which was initially planned for WGT 2012? You might remember that I ran out of scales short before WGT and the order didn't make it in time. But I re-ordered and had the scales sitting around for - oh, let's say half a year *blushes*:


At first I panicked because they were blue (which I didn't order), but the blue stuff was a foil which could be easily removed!


The day before yesterday I presented to you the neck corset to the snake outfit. This corset was much more work! I'm very grateful that the wonderful Neisella offered me her self developed pattern for a corset with hip gores, otherwise I would probably still be fitting the muslin.

 photo IMG_0027_zps1f0d1262.jpg

 photo IMG_0015_zps38218ddf.jpg

 photo IMG_0022_zpsa33652ec.jpg

I used the same jeans fabric for the outer layer (and matching lining as well) as for the neck corset, but added an additional lining. This way I could integrate the bones between both lining fabrics, making for a cleaner outer look. And non the less, I sewed a lot of aluminium scales on both hip gores... I didn't count them, but I guess about 650-700 scales!

Finally, I can call this outfit finished! Now I'm looking forward to wearing it completely styled. You can bet I'll take some pictures for you!

8 comments:

Nachtkatze said...

Faszinierend... das sieht toal genial aus. Auch, wenn ich vermutlich noch mehr plätchen dran gemacht hätte.
Aber man muss ja auch das Gesamtbild hinterher stimmig halten und ich denke, da ist das genua richtig :)

MindLess said...

@ Nachtkatze: Wo hättest du denn ncoh mehr Schuppen angebracht?

Neisella Nightmare said...

Geil! Einfach geil!

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Danke! ^^

Nachtkatze said...

Ich glaube, ich hätte oben an der Brust noch mehr angenäht :)

MindLess said...

@ Nachtkatze: Da ist dann wieder das Problem, dass die Ösen oben an den Schuppen mir missfallen. Also müsste ich wieder ein band drüber nähen. Vielleicht lass ich mir noch was anderes einfallen. Oder ich ziehe mich mal so an wie geplant und dann schauen wir mal...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Wow, LOVE the scales!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thanks!