Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Shop review - The Purple Peacock

I'm a bit torn about the review I'm about to write. But I think that other people should know about my experience. Also, this sounds way more dramatic than it actually is, so please keep reading!

On the ball "Le Poisin Vert" at the 28th of September, I fell in love with the works of Natascha, who owns the Store called Purple Peacock. I instantly wanted to buy one necklace, but unfortunately did not have enough cash on me. Since issuing my card was not possible (which is fine by me, it was totally my fault not having enough money with me), I filled an order form for later payment. I had a little chat with Natascha and felt really good that evening.

I still felt good about two weeks later, although I had not heard back from Natascha. So I thought I'd just pop her an email to receive the details for my payment. I was just waiting for her bill, because I didn't expect her to send the necklace before I gave her the money! On the 12th of October, I send her a short message that I was waiting for her bill and wondering whether everything was in order.

It took her another 12 days to answer; she send me the bill on 25th of October. I paid and soon after received the package with the necklace. The quality of the necklace was really good, it looks absolutely wonderful.

 photo IMG_0115_zps64659602.jpg

But. But at the ball I was under the impression that there were earrings which belonged to the set and which I did not receive. The necklace is cheaper on etsy - had I known that I would have bought it there and saved money on the international bank transfer as I can pay via PayPal there. Plus I paid twice as much shipping costs than she ended up using. I don't mind paying an additional Euro for the nice packaging, but double the amount is... well, too much in my eyes!

So all in all, I really like my new choker and love the quality of the used materials, but I can not recommend Natascha's store with all my heart. She took a little to long for me to send me the bill and I would have saved me some money if I ordered it via etsy and not directly of her. I would buy again from her in person, but I will not order from the Purple Peacock again myself...

5 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Well, the necklace's undoubtedly very cute, but I don't think it's worth all the waiting, the trouble and the prices :/ it looks very good on you by the way ;)

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Thank you for the compliment! I'd buy more from her in person as the quality is great...

Neisella Nightmare said...

Das Collier steht dir wirklich ganz fantastisch! Aber ich kann verstehen, dass du dich ärgerst. Würde ich auch.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Too bad you had problems with the store, the necklace is gorgeous!

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Es hätte ja so schön sein können, die Kette ist nämlich traumhaft. Naja, wenn ich sie mal wieder live sehe habe ich hoffentlich genug Geld!

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Yes it is, but it's not worth the hassle!