Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween decoration 2013

This year I visited TK Maxx early enough to find some Halloween stuff there. In Germany, it is rather hard to find tasteful decoration items. There are plenty ugly plastic bones, deformed skull candles and owls, owls, OWLS, but I always get watery eyes when I see the amazing finds that bloggers from the states show. Until few years ago there was almost no Halloween decoration to find, now we get at least some stuff.

Anyway, I found some nifty stuff in TK Maxx. At first my good friend Yorick (named after Shakespeare's Hamlet, who holds the skull of his former friend and proclaims " Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio") who is silver glittery and just lovely. I also got another glass bottle in purple. Last week I also bought some candles with skulls on them. They are really cool with electric lights in them so the cool motive will never be burned down during use!

 photo IMG_20130930_061745_zps12b90f31.jpg

 photo IMG_20130930_061812_zpsefafdf9d.jpg

 photo IMG_20130930_061803_zps6260536c.jpg

 photo IMG_20130930_061900_zps6b8f39b8.jpg

5 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Owls? Really? This is something I've never seen on italian shops XD I've found a HUGE quantity of bats instead, and spiderwebs too. Anyway, I have your same problem, the stuff I find is always pretty tacky... :/
By the way, I like the things you bought. Those candles are so cute <3 maybe you could save them for later, it's always the right time of the year for such cute skull printed candles :D

Thera Joyce said...

So cute! I love it all! :)

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Maybe the owl-mania has still to come to Italy?! The candles are electric, so the will never burn down. I can keep them forever and still have lights flicker in them!

@ Thera Joyce: Thank you! Do you also have Halloween decoration in your home?

Ms Misantropia said...

I don't get it - owls..? Really? Why?

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Maybe because the are majestic birds of prey? Or because they are said to accompany witches? I don't know...