Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tornure in progress - Day outfit

Today I made real progress: I finished the skirt parts (thanks to *wollmaus* again for the lovely decoration) and did most of the day waistcoat:

 photo ST831913_zps3f598562.jpg

 photo ST831914_zps1f4b2217.jpg

No there is only this on my list:
  1. Neckline for the day waistcoat
  2. Sleeves for the day waistcoat 
  3. Lining for the day waistcoat (you can see some peeking out in the first picture)
  4. Ball taille (oh noes! -.-)
  5. Boning and eyelets
  6. Underskirt

7 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Looks amazing!

MmePolaire said...

Very nice! Is it for Halloween? What pattern did you use? I just bought a huge piece of gray fabric at the thrift store to make a bustle gown such as yours.

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks!

@ Mme Polaire: No, for a ball this Saturday. The pattern is frankensteined from the truely victorian polonaise, the burda tornure and my own ideas. I'm looking forward to yout tornure, you always make such nice details on your clothes!

Bane said...

Outstanding! LOVE the fabrics, and the flowers are genius.

Wollmaus said...

Wow, if you don't win the Bernina competition, I don't know who will.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I love the waistcoat!! There are so many little folds and details, that must have taken a long time to do.

MindLess said...

@ Bane: Thank you! The praise for the flower fully goes to Wollmaus!

@ Wollmaus: Probably someone who sews homemade hedgehogs or something like that! ^^

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: It is still not fully finished, so I'm having a bad conscience because of your flattery...