Monday, September 30, 2013

Autumn tornure - ballroom outfit

First things first, I didn't fully finish the day outfit for the fall tornure, there is still the lining to do. On the other hand, the ball outfit was ready to wear when I had to go on Saturday! So I call that a win and will return to the day outfit once I return from my vacation...

I threw together the top pretty quick and dirty. It is based on my usual corset pattern, but while searching for all the necessary ingredients for a true corset I discovered that I didn't have enough spiral steel. And since flat steel bones are rather uncomfortable, I went for the thin 5mm ones. And those are not quite capable of keeping in my sweet little tummy... So I was lazy and did the top with only two layers and wore a corset underneath.

The flower decoration was again done by the lovely *wollmaus* and sewn on by hand. I was also out of hot glue otherwise it would have been even more quick and dirty! ;D

 photo IMG_0025_zps6659c7fe.jpg

 photo IMG_0066_zps83325a1a.jpg

 photo IMG_0030_zps72f5e71b.jpg

 photo IMG_0034_zps090e6fdc.jpg

As you can see, I wore the green and red necklace and did a nice little fall makeup. The ball was really nice, I arrived a little late due to the mini photo shoot with my boyfriend (thanks so much, honey!) and missed some of the acts. But I still saw three belly dance and tribal dance performances, a burlesque dancer and the band Violet Steam Experience. But the main fun was meeting Nachtkatze, Neisella, Niniel Chan and their boyfriends/husbands. We had a lot of fun dancing and chatting, even though the music was not fully my style... The location was also pretty nice with a real ball room with high ceiling and a chandelier!

BTW, I'm now in Hamburg for a couple of days which means scheduled posts and longer response times for comments. Sorry guys!

25 comments:

Lynoire said...

Cheap, quick and dirty or not, your ballgown looks stunning! :)
Have fun in Hamburg! :)

MindLess said...

Thank you very much!

Nachtkatze said...

Du hast einfach nur fatanstisch ausgesehrn *hachmach* es war ein wirklich schöner Abend mit euch. Danke Dir dafür

Nachtkatze said...

fantastisch..meine ich *g*

Neisella Nightmare said...

So schöööööön hast du ausgesehen <3

MindLess said...

;) schon okay, beides passt!

MindLess said...

Danke, du aber auch! :*

Alexandriaweb said...

Cripes, I wish my "quick and dirty" projects came out tat well o.0

Ms Misantropia said...

Amazing outfit!

MindLess said...

More than 10 years of sewing experience allows me to do quick and dirty quite efficiently!

MindLess said...

Thank you so much!

linnea-maria said...

Oh my gosh! You made it again! I saw the photo of your collected stash and thought that this will become something very nice and it is indeed. Lovely!!

Audronasha The Countess said...

oh, wow! Looks stunning! :) That look sits you so well!

Shannon Rutherford said...

Wow *___*! You look *amazing*! Everything is perfect: the dress, the corset, the accessories, the make-up... wonderful photoshoot!

MindLess said...

Thank you so much for these kind words!

MindLess said...

Thanks for the compliment!

MindLess said...

Thanks, I'll pass in the compliment to my boyfriend who took the pictures!

Wollmaus said...

...und wenn du nochmal behauptest, Herbstfarben seien ja "nicht so deins", ziehe ich diese Fotos hervor, um dich eines besseren zu belehren! <3

MindLess said...

Ich muss halt darauf achten, dass an meinem Gesicht kalte/neutrale Farben sind. So richtig warme Farben machen mir eine ungesunde Hautfarbe...

graverobbergirl said...

So gorgeous! I lOVE it!

MindLess said...

@ graverobbergirl: Thank you, from one tornure maker to the other!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

WOW! Awesome job on the dress!! I really do like the green necklace with everything.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thanks for your compliment! Mums are always right! ;)

Trisha said...

omg, wie geil ist das denn? BOAH! <3

MindLess said...

@ Trisha: Danke, Süße! *rotwerd*