Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 8 – What's your worst and best experience with non-Goths?

I think this question is rather discriminating, don't you think? I can imagine that the original poster wanted to ask about bullying experiments and how other people respect you despite being goth. But as I mentioned before, I rarely have and had negative encounters because of the clothes I wear or the music I like. There are horrible and nice people in all the "scenes", not only Gothic or Alternative, HipHop or Techno. So while I had bad experiences with "normal" people, I can say so for every other subgroup as well!

The worst thing I remember is a woman on the train to WGT who continuously asked me, whether I sleep in coffins and was generally annoying and nosey. I kept my calm, but she really was not stopping to ask so I ended up ignoring her completely for 1 hour of the 3 hour train ride...

The best thing I remember was a little girl on a bus. At that time I had pink and purple coloured hair and wore a long black skirt. The little girl asked me "Are you a princess?" and when I agreed, she turned to her mother and said "When I grow up, I also want to be a princess!". She was just too cute!

4 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Awww, that little girl! <3 That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard, I swear XDD
I once went to a comic convention with my boyfriend and a couple of friends, and a little girl looked at me, then turned to her mum, pointed at me and said: "She's the warlord!". I couldn't stop laughing.
That lady asking about coffins sounds pretty annoying... but maybe that's just what she heard about goths, I mean, we're quite misrepresented in media; maybe you were the first one she saw live and just thought you did some of the things that we are thought to do XD anyway, it's still very rude to keep on bothering someone who clearly doesn't want to have that conversation.

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Yes, maybe that was it. But I learned that you should not fester people. And I could have asked her a lot about Christianism (not that I don't know), just to anny her, but I didn't...

You don't look much like a warlord, rather like an independent and confident woman. But maybe that is already close to a warlord in children's eyes!

Xanthy said...

Agh yes, the 'pretty princess' comment. I've had a few of those myself :D

The lady asking about the coffins sounds unbelievably annoying...

MindLess said...

@ Xanthy: I think we are pretty close to the Disney princesses they know, except for the colour scheme! ;)