Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 7 – Ten of your favourite goth bands.

Now it's going to be emberessing... I'm firmly in the scene, I visit the festivals but my taste in music is less focussed on "true" gothic music like the cure (they are in alphabetic order):
  1. ASP - Lovely voice, intriguing artist and interesting aesthtics and artwork. My favourite song would be "Ich will brennen"
  2. Combichrist - Hard to avoid when on the dancefloor in a gothic club! I love to dance and run to this music, it really gets my *ss into gear... - listen to "Get your body beat" and try not to dance, I dare you!
  3. Crüxshadows - A lovely live band, the singer is very active and climbs into the ceiling during the show. An everlasting favourite is "Marilyn my Bitterness".
  4. Deine Lakaien - I love Veljanov's voice! They have intelligent lyrics and have been in the scene since forever! My favourite song is "Into my arms", which is rather old but a song I could listen to endlessely...
  5. Faun - More quiet and medieval, but really cool on a rainy day. Also an exceptional live band where even the first warming up is better than full concerts by other bands. Please listen to "Punagra"!
  6. Feindflug - Not really goth, many people who listen to them are into really right wing politics (although the band strictly say they are rather left wing), but Feindflug are really deep. Their music consists of so many layers of sound that come and go, flow into each other and combine to a larger whole. Plus they are great for dancing! ^^ The most famous song probably is "AK47".
  7. Rotersand - Highly dance-able and a really good live band. I saw several concerts and will visit more in future. Here, I would recommend "Exterminate, Annihilate, Destroy"!
  8. Samsas Traum - I know that the lead singer Alexander Kaschte is batshit crazy. But the songs are crazy in a good way and really interesting. A typical example (and a d*mn good song) would be "Kugel im Gesicht".
  9. VNV nation - They are great for dancing and the concerts are amazing! The song I like best is "Illusion" which is more calm than most of their pieces...
  10. Welle Erdball - Retro-futuristic sound, 8 bit music, a fantastic show and  critical songs about society. Maybe try "Schweben, fliegen und fallen" for a first taste.

7 comments:

Nachtkatze said...

*brummel* böses Mädchen. Jetzt laufen hier die Shadows in Dauerschleife *sing*

MindLess said...

@ Nachtkatze: Deine Stimme ist bestimmt besser als der doch nasale Originalgesang... ^^

Nachtkatze said...

muahahaha...aber sowas von gar nicht. Ich treff nicht mal einen Ton, wenn ich Playback singe *g*

Lesthis gothworld said...

Thank for nice music tips :D I found many new bands to listen to.

MindLess said...

@ Lesthis gothworld: That makes me really happy! ^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I'm not as much into the true "goth" music, either. I recently visited Germany, and it seems like ASP and Deine Lakaien are very well loved there! I actually am not very familiar with either of them but I'm going to give them a listen. Rotersand is one of my all-time favourites!!1

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: It seems like few German bands get international recognition. Might be because noone understands the lyrics! ^^