Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 2 – Share photos and experiences from your Baby Bat days

Oh, my baby bat days... They were really good! So much new stuff to discover, so many nice people I met, so much great music I stumbled upon! During my baby bat years I spent a lot of time at parties and with friends from the scene. I started sewing and found my second Internet home - the Natron & Soda page! I wore black or stripey clothes and quite a lot of black eyeliner. My male friend mainly had long hair and my girl friends wore metal shirts and long skirts.

Since my baby bat days were quite some time ago - it is actually short before the 18th anniversary!- there are few pictures of my from the pre-digital camera age... I scanned one very special for you:

 photo MindLessyoung_zpsfcd5a846.jpg

This is me on my very first WGT in 2001, which was 12 years ago. Yes, I wear horrible make up and pose in a coffin, why do you ask? Does anyone have a more goth picture? I'd like to see that! I was soooo happy to finally visit WGT, I begged my parents for years! My mum was actually in Leipzig at the same time and I had to report to her, but I was only 16 and really happy that she allowed me to go there. Thanks, mum!

9 comments:

ette said...

Ja, gruftiger geht es wirklich kaum, nur echt mit Sarg^^. Aber du siehst gut aus, ich glaub da gibt es schlimmere Baby Goth Fotos.
Mit 16 hatte ich grad meine Punk-Phase und musste meiner Mutter hoch und heilig versprechen, dass ich nie Grufti werde. An dieser Stelle, sorry Mum. Wobei ich ja nie der nur-noch-schwarz-Vollzeit-Grufti war, demnach hat sie es gut überstanden :-)

Shannon Rutherford said...

Ahah, well, the only important thing is that you were having fun and felt good with your appearance XD! You weren't that bad as a babybat by the way :D!

Ms Misantropia said...

What a wonderfully goth picture!

Nachtkatze said...

Oh, ist das niedlich. Was für ein schönes Foto

MindLess said...

@ ette: Es gibt irgendwie kaum Fotos von mir aus der Zeit... Ich hab noch ein paar vom Vampire Live, aber da bin ich ja bewusst verkleidet! Und ich finde, deine Mutter kann sich nicht beschweren, bei dem was aus dir geworden ist!

@ Shannon Rutherford: Oh, I actually remember many horrible (now, then I loved them!) outfits. I just don't have pictures of them! ^^

@ Ms Misantropia: Thank you! ;)

@ Nachtkatze: Danke, und das von meinem Rüschengrufti-Vorbild! Wenn ich dich damals gekannt hätte, vielleicht hätte ich dann meine Cyberphase ausgelassen...

Geist Katze said...

Too fun. I certainly don't have a gothier photo to top that, haha. This was a good post - I'll have to see if I can dig up any old photos.

MindLess said...

@ Geist Katze: Yeah, it would be nice to see how you started out!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

AW! I love seeing old pictures!! It's fun to remember how you used to do your makeup and the styles you used to wear.

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan Butterfly: Now I regret not taking more pictures when I was younger, but at that time I was camera shy... I'd love to see some baby bat pics of you!