Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 19 – Share beauty advise and take a photo of your make up.

Huh. Beauty advise... I think I should write something besides "Always take off your make up at night, always moisturize and always use sunscreen!". Actually, I'm not keen on all of this stuff. I know my skin gets better when I DO take off my make up at night and moisturize. I only use sunscreen when I'm on holiday or know that I will stay outside for prolongued periods of time. So I'm not a good example...

So, beauty it is. I wear make up daily, but only the very natural stuff to avoid being asked if I'm sick. A little powder, a little rouge, I redraw my eyebrows and put on a little mascara. Takes me about three minutes in the morning! Here is how I look:

 photo ST831808_zpsf096c7a5.jpg

For nights out, my make up is also more out there. I do add bats or stars, draw a lot around my eyes, wear dark lipstick (but never black!). Make up for me is a part of the outfit and can even "make up" an otherwise plain and boring dress. It is a kind of art and I see it as a kind of painting with lower lasting power. So do whatever you like with make up, try it out at home if you are unsure. If you don't dare to wear red lipstick because you think it might look strange, remember that all the people that meet you have never seen you without it. They don't know you without the make up, so they won't judge you wearing it!

4 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

I suck at lipstick, I've eaten it or smeared it within an hour of putting it on!

MindLess said...

Then I can recommend to you the two phase lipsticks. The color stays put, even while kissing or eating! I use them when I go out with the boyfriend, he doesn't like lipstick marks and refuses to stop to kiss me! ;)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I don't think you need much makeup, you have nice skin!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thanks! It doesn't always look that good, the sun and me regularly taking off my make up helps!