Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 11 – Is Goth a lifestyle for you?

As you may know if you read this blog for a little while is that I'm a weekend Goth. My job and my rather conservative co-workers limit the amount of gothy stuff I can wear during the week, so I go full out on the weekends! ^^

I find it hard to describe what holds the gothic subculture together, so defining if goth is a lifestyle is problematic. Are you only a goth if your favourite band is the Cure? Are black clothes worn every day a criterion? Is it a love for bats and skeletons necessary? Do you need to own a spikey collar?

I do visit Goth festival at least once a year, I go to Goth clubs, many of my friends are gothic. I do own an excessive black and gothic wardrobe although I don't wear it every day. I love spooky novels and decorations. I think I'm a Goth, but I can honestly not say why. So I can't answer this question...

No comments: