Friday, July 12, 2013

Week in Review 28/2013

What did I see?
I saw "Brave" for the first time yesterday and thought that it is really a nice movie! I liked the little independent main character Merida and both my boyfriend and I laughed heartily...

What did I listen to?
Samsas Traum - F.M.N.F. - Nikotin und Meskalin (not safe for work and not safe for younger ears! But German...)

What did I ask myself?
Might that be sour muscles because I was being a beast at the gym? I better hope so!


What did I read?
I finished 3 books this week: A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin (I'm so sad that I'll have to wait forever for the next novel!), "Haunting Violet" by Alyxandra Harvey (which I won in Gaiety Girl's blog and really liked! If you are interested in Victorian times and spooky mystery stories, I can recommend this to you!) and "The Monstrumologist" by Rick Yancey (Loved it! It is creepy and fascinating and horrible and intensely tense. Go read it, if you liked Lovecraft or Stoker!).

I didn't have much time to read! But I'm about 50% done according to my Kindle...

What did I work on?
Nothing.

I was happy about...
Seeing the Monsters of Liedermaching tonight in Bochum (Bochum total, a free festival)! And finally finishing some projects.


I was annoyed about...
The evenings on the couch that were not necessary. But well, otherwise the week went fine!



I bought...
Sandals, because my old ones look rather torn by now.

3 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Brave :D! I really liked that movie.
Of course I would've LOVED it if it hadn't been all about her refusing to marry, because in the end it almost entirely revolved around her marriage, even though she was refusing it. I'd rather have a whole story with a female protagonist in which love or marriage has little to no space :D
But it was a huge step forward, I have to give it that. Also, all that mother-daughter thing was really sweet :)

Lynoire said...

It was okay, she had to rebel somehow against her mother to make the story and girls is that era didn't have much to rebel against, than handywork and marriage...:) I liked the movie too. :)

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: I think it is a step in the right direction to have a female protaqonist which does not care so much about men/princes and getting married... But of course, there is still a lot to do, for example a gay prince or princess or as you said, a plot with a female character that has nothing to do with marriage!

@ Lynoire: That's true!