Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ikea plus Poetry

When I bought the pillows this weekend at Ikea, I had a small project in mind. You might remember that I bought these two amazing fabrics, right?

 photo ST831619_zps4069731a.jpg

Well actually, I love them but I have no clue what to do with them! The print is too large for a corset, I have more than enough bags so I won't make more of these fabrics and they are too pretty to hide in my stash. So, I decided to do what nay good seamstress would do: Make a pillow case! I usually do envelope closures on my pillow cases, so I need neither buttons nor zippers. I simple serged the fabric together, added this beauty:

 photo ST831667_zps37fe7278.jpg

Aaaaand I was done! So here is the final outcome of about 10 minutes work (including the time I needed to put the fluffy pillow filling inside the case):

 photo ST831668_zps0abf489c.jpg


I actually do have other plans in mind for the other fabric, I saw a pretty shrug made from the same fabric at the WGT...

7 comments:

Lynoire said...

Wow, this fabric is awesome, perfect for home decor :)

Insomniac’s Attic said...

I never would have thought of a shrug for the other fabric! Mine is still sitting in my stash, waiting for just the right project... maybe it will be a shrug?! ;o)

MindLess said...

@ Lynoire: Yeah, I love the pattern so much!

@ Insomniac’s Attic: If I hadn't seen it, I would have never had the idea!

Lesthis gothworld said...

That's awesome, very pretty :D

MindLess said...

@ Lesthis gothworld: Thanks!

Ms Misantropia said...

Very nice fabric! A lot of IKEA in the last few posts - as a Swede I approve ;)

MindLess said...

@ Ms Misantropia: Thanks! I think Ikea and H&M are the most famous Swedish exports... ;)