Friday, June 28, 2013

Week in Review - 26/2013

What did I see?
I saw the first half of the third season of "A Game of Thrones". Some good scenes, but now that I read the books I actually prefer these plots. Dammit! ^^

What did I listen to?
Basshunter - Boten Anna

What did I ask myself?
Why is bureaucracy making everything so complicated?


What did I read?
I finished A Feast for Crows and wondered all the time why some characters only made scarce appearances, but now that I started with A Dance with Dragons, I see that George RR Martin split the stories between the two books! Finally more news on Tyrion and Dany! Plus I received another book to read which I won in a giveaway: It is called  "Haunting Violet" (Alyxandra Harvey) and is about a girl in Victorian times which helps her Medium mum but soon discovers that she is more gifted and can really talk to the dead. I'm looking forward to reading the story once I finished the A Song of Fire and Ice series; thanks Gaiety Girl for sending me the book!

What did I work on?
Nothing. I didn't have much time thins week!

I was happy about...
PhD thesis handed in. I can't believe that this was 3 1/2 years of work...


I was annoyed about...
Having so little time and working so much. But it will get better (I hope)!



I bought...
A skirt and a dress, both second hand.

3 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

The ASoIAF saga is way better than the HBO show. I mean, I love the show, but it leaves out a lot of flashbacks and thoughts and insight that are necessary to fully comprehend the characters' development and the events occurring in Westeros.

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: I agree that HBO oversimplifies the characters. And I like how all the starnds of the story interact and connect with each other in the books. In the series, it feels more parallel and less intertwined!

ette said...

Puh, wie kommst du denn auf dieses Lied....ich hatte es schon erfolgreich verdrängt :-)