Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homework Assignment - Polkadots!

 
 
Another homework assignment from the Curious Professor Z! This time, it is all about Polkadots...
Don't forget, your homework assignment is due tomorrow -- this month's theme is POLKADOTS! From swing skirts to tablecloths and bubble tea, dots rule this month! Your task is to feature an outfit, accessories, art, photography, assorted silliness, etc. that contains polkadots. As always, use your imagination! Homework is due on June 13, but as usual I will take late homework
The Professor calls and I have the honour to participate! I sewed a dress for the occasion. Actually, the white polkadot jersey has been taunting me for quite some time now. I bought it some years ago with the plan to turn it into an easy-breezy summer dress. And now I finally came around to actually sewing it, because my new serger arrived just yesterday!

 photo ST831653_zps827df39c.jpg

This was the first piece of clothing I sewed with it and I'm in love!The dress has a wide neck which sits just on my shoulders. The skirt is simple a-line. Under the red belt there is a elastic sewn in to make the dress more form fitting. It also features little kimono/bat sleeves. I hope you like my homework!

6 comments:

Lynoire said...

Awesome, I really like the shape and it looks fun with the red belt. :)

MindLess said...

@ Lynoire: Thanks! It doesn't suit my mannequin half as good as me, she has a smaller shoulder width. But I didn't get around to take pictures of myself wearing it...

The Professor said...

WAHOO! It looks awesome, I can't wait to see you in it! PHOTOS!!! :) Thanks for participating!

MindLess said...

@ The professor: Thanks! I hope to come around wearing it soon and take some pics...

Insomniac's Attic said...

You did a beautiful job!

Isn't it funny that once you get a serger, you can't imagine how you ever managed to live without one? And I haven't even begun to explore all the things it can do yet!

:D

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: Yes, a serger is something you never need unless you first tried it! I especially love sewing jersey with it and doing hems...