Thursday, May 23, 2013

WGT 2013 - Sunday Outfit

On Sunday, *wollmaus*, my boyfriend and I visited a shoes exhibition at the Grassi Museum. One of the major advantages of the WGT in comparison to other festivals is that it offers a lot of cultural experiences besides concerts. You can visit Museums, movies at the cinema, classical concerts and operas (this year they played a lot of Wagner as it was his 200 anniversery), listen to readings, see photo or picture exhibitions... There are even two medieval markets which you can visit for free. You can see that WGT is not your ordinary festival!

 photo 1368965631958_zps34f5c162.jpg

This of course leads to even tighter schedules. I wore the Dieselpunk pirate outfit (I'm no expert, but was explained that Dieselpunk is the black and silver version of Steampunk) because of the warm weather. The outfit was completely recycled from Amphi two years ago. I only added the octopus necklace I made recently!

Lateron, we went to the Agra for sitting, drinking cherry wine and chatting. We met Meeresperle and Nephilia again and ha a lovely evening discussing outfits, sewing and all the world and his brother. The last thing we did on Sunday was to visit the Göttertanz (= dance of the gods) which is a dark ambient dance in an amazing location. It was pretty much stuffed, so we didn't stay long, but I danced a little bit.

8 comments:

Underground For Tea said...

Yay for stripes! I'm jealous of your WGD, as all I did was run errands, clean the house and watch a "Kitchen Nightmares" marathon.

MindLess said...

As much fun WGT is, it is also very intense. Right now, your weekend sounds like the perfect plan for my next weekend! ;-)

Insomniac's Attic said...

Dieselpunk - that's awesome! From what I can see, those boots look pretty darn amazing... And yes, I can imagine that now you need a restful weekend after all that preparation and the excitement of the event itself! :D

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: Thanks! The shoes lookedgood, but made sweaty feet (they are made from man-made materials), discoloured my legs and are gone to the trash by now. That should teach me to only buy quality leather shoes... *sigh*

Jade said...

That outfit looks really light and like it was made for activities like going to concerts and all other happenings you mentioned. :)

I myself find it a bit funny, that if one does not wear brown, it can not be steampunk. Anyways, it seems you had a wonderful week and you have worn gorgeous outfits! :D

MindLess said...

@ Jade: Well, I'm certainly no Steampunk expert, so I completely trust other people's advice there. And if I get to wear steampunky stuff in my preferred colours under another name, so be it! ^^

And the outfit was planned for dancing and a warm day, which it both suited perfectly. Although I switched shoes lateron...

Jade said...

Oh, I did not mean it to be criticizing or anything. :) I'm no expert either, and definitely do not know that much about steampunk as a style of clothing. I just started to wonder, if categories are too small: if one takes a black&white photo of a steampunk and dieselpunk clothed people, there is no telling which is which, right? :D

I guess it is so much easier to define them when it is about fiction, because there the difference is in science and how history went in the alternate world. ^^

MindLess said...

@ Jade: I didn't feel criticized, I just wanted to state I'm not that much into Steampunk so I can't judge! ^^

And you are right, I don't see much of a difference there. Don't Diesel machines work with the same gears and machines? Just the used fuel makes a difference - coal/wood or gas! And in the end, it's all pressed dinosaurs... ;)